Skip to main content

BACKING UP ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS WITH ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 2016

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

Is is possible for an organization to backup accounting system like promun using Acronis True Image 2016, or even other  accounting systems

1 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 26397

Please note that Acronis True Image is primarily aimed at home users and not at businesses.  There are other Acronis Business products that may meet your requirements and be more suitable, especially if you are running your accounting system on a server system.

If you are running your accounting system on a standard Windows OS platform, then the simple answer to your question is 'Yes' - Acronis True Image can backup all data on a standard Windows or Apple MAC computer, therefore it can also backup your accounting system data.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8349

Ditto to Steve's comments.  Please be aware that regardless of the backup product, it will only be able to recover data from the point in time the last backup ran.  Acronis can harness Windows VSS to backup Oracle and/or SQL databases, but they will be full database backups each time as True Image Home does not do block level backup locally.  Acronis True Image Home is also not officially supported on Server Operating Systems

56517: Acronis True Image 2016: Supported Operating Systems

Acronis backup 11.7 is though, however there are different versions for different OS as well..

57680: Acronis Backup 11.7: Supported Operating Systems

Beginner

Thank you very much for the feedback. Iam running my accounting system on standard windows os. Lastly i would like to know if it is possible to setup Acronis True Image 2016, so that it can backup my system automatically on cloud maybe on weekly bases or i have to manualy backup. Thank you

Legend
Comments: 26397

Please see KB Document: 56604: Acronis True Image 2016: Entire Computer Backup which gives an overview of backing up to the Acronis Cloud service.  Note: the initial backup to cloud can take a long time depending on how much data is to be backed up and your broadband upload speed.

See the ATIH 2016 User Guide for more detailed information.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8349

In a nutshell, yes.  Cloud backups can be set as often as you want - I do daily's at a set time.  As Steve mentioend, initial backups can take some time depending on you ISP upload limits and the amount of data pushing to the Cloud.  I would not rely on the Cloud as the only backup location because it is going to be much slower than local storage.  If there are ever network issues (your end or Acronis) and if it is the only backup, locatoin, that could prevent you from recovering in some situations if it is the only backup as well.  However, as a secondary backup and/or offsite disaster recovery location, it is an excellent idea to implement it

Beginner

I know that data from a system can be recovered from Windows with a hard drive backup if the information was saved on one of the memory disks.