Skip to main content

Backup PC to Cloud

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 2

As a Acronis True Image 2016 user, How can I backup PC to Acronis Cloud ?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 21996

George, you need a subscription to the Acronis Cloud but I am not sure that you are able to buy this as a separate service without subscribing to one of the Acronis products that include it?

I would recommend opening a PreSales conversation direct with Acronis via the guide in the How to get support? link here in the forums.

Forum Star
Comments: 3856

Sorry for the late response, but the forum was not allowing saving comments last night; but now fixed.

Doing as Steve suggests is probably the best way to go.

I am sure that there is no longer add-on subscriptions for no-business users. There is a standalone Cloud Storage offered for the product previously known as Acronis Backup 12.5 (see here), but the pricing starts at US$299 a year so clearly not viable.

Ian

Beginner

Thanks to all for the advice. Looked into Acronis Backup 12.5 and it's certainly not for home users.

I'll stick with my PC backup to a remote hard drive for now.

Forum Star
Comments: 3856

George, Backup 12.5 definitely is not for home users. ATI 2021 is currently in beta testing and should be released in mid- to late- August 2020, at which stage you could upgrade you ATI 2016 to a subscription with Cloud storage. ATI 2016 is so old you will have to uninstall 2016 before installing 2021. Provided any external drives are connected when doing the installation ATI should find them, however you will need to reconfigure them since, as far as I can remember the ability to save and restore backup configurations is not present in ATI 2016.

You could wait until the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales when there are usually good deals to be had (up to 50% off in the past). 

Ian

Beginner

Ian,

Thanks for the information.  I was hoping that something like what you described might come about.

I'll keep a lookout for a chance to evaluate an upgrade to ATI 2021 when the time comes.

Thanks again.

George