Skip to main content

Boot Error 0x000000e

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

A few weeks ago I upgraded to Window 10 from Windows 8.1. Shortly after I installed True Image Home 2016. I then experienced very frequent error 0x000000e problems when booting my PC:

• Blue screen straight after boot, no OS load
  • File not found \Windows\System32\winload.exe
  • Error 0x000000e

This could be fixed (most of the time) with recovery using bootrec \rebuildbcd. Sometimes more effort was required to restore the boot disk.

I eventually uninstalled TIH and the problem went away. Recently I reinstalled TIH (build 5634) and the problem is now back.

Anyone esle had this problem?

0 Users found this helpful
Regular Poster
Comments: 184

Hello, Peter.

Do you have Acronis Startup Recovery Manager activated? Did you ever use the Try&Decide feature? Does your machine use BIOS or UEFI firmware? Is this what the error message looks like? Did I understand correclty that the issue happened/happens sporadically? If so, have you noticed any pattern (when is happens and when it does not)?

Additionally could you perhaps create a System Report and attach it to your response? (Or message me for instructions on how to upload it to an FTP server).

Beginner
Comments: 2

Hello,

I do have the same problem and error message. Doesnt matter which WinPE Recovery Media I created. Same problem on my desktop and my laptop. Linux Based works fine but WinPE not which I would prefer. Recovery Manager is not activated. Attached the system report.

https://we.tl/t-g3WIhJRToJ

Forum Star
Comments: 3624

This error is not limited to Acronis Win PE recovery media, or so a quick web search indicates. It can be associated with corrupt boot configuration data. I suspect that the WinPE error could be picked up from the boot data of the PC, this could be related to the presence of Acronis Recovery Manager which could have damaged that data; the way it works is described in the User Guide as follows:

When Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is activated, it overwrites the master boot record (MBR) with its own boot code. If you have any third-party boot managers installed, you will need to reactivate them after the Startup Recovery Manager has been activated. For Linux loaders (e.g. LiLo and GRUB), you might consider installing them to a Linux root (or boot) partition boot record instead of MBR before activating Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

UEFI boot mechanism is different from the BIOS one. Any OS loader or other boot program has its own boot variable that defines a path to the corresponding loader. All loaders are stored on a special partition called EFI System Partition. When you activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager in UEFI-booted system, it changes the boot sequence by writing its own boot variable. This variable is added to the list of variables and does not change them. Since all loaders are independent and do not affect each other, there is no need to change anything before or after activating Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

Not sure if that gets us much further forward, but do a internet search for the error message and one of the multiple links may provide a solution. 

Ian

Beginner
Comments: 2

Yes thanks for your help but I do not have Acronis Startup Recovery Manage or ever had it activated. So I guess this can't be the culprit.

Legend
Comments: 21411

Pascal, do I understand correctly that this issue for you is only seen when booting from the Acronis Rescue Media (Linux or WinPE) and not when booting normally into Windows?

If this is correct then I cannot see how your Acronis System Report would be of value as all the information collected relates to after Windows is booted to the desktop.

What the report does show is that you are running ATI 2020 build 25700 on a Windows 10 UEFI system, so any similarity to this ATI 2016 forum topic is minimal as far as ATI is concerned.

I would suggest that you should open a Support ticket direct with Acronis if this issue is able to be recreated on demand when using the latest unmodified Acronis Rescue Media created from your installed ATI 2020 #25700 application.