Can not find backup file on external hard drive from True Image 2016 recovery media.
I could not start Windows, so I plugged in the external hard drive and recovery USB and started booting.
After starting the recovery media, I looked for the backup file (* .tib) on the external hard drive in the restore menu and I could not see the file I backed up obviously.
I started to find out why I could not find the file.
First, the external hard drive and USB recovery media were connected directly to the PC.
Second, the PC you want to recover is not a heterogeneous PC.
I do not know why I can not see the backup file on this external hard drive.
Please let us know the tips for resolving the problem.
Welcome to these public User Forums.
Sorry but more information will be needed to try to understand the issue here?
What version of Windows OS is on the PC to be recovered?
Is this a Legacy / MBR computer or is it a UEFI / GPT computer?
What type of external drive is being used here, what size and what file system used?
Does the external drive show at all in the list of drives to choose where to recover from?
What type of USB Acronis Rescue Media are you using?
Did you create this yourself, or was it downloaded as an .ISO image then burnt to USB media?
Hello, expert. Thank you for your reply.
1) The version of the OS to be recovered is Windows 10 RS5 (64 bit).
2) UEFI computers are right, but the SSD's partitioning itself is in the MBR format.
3) I connected a USB external device with a built-in 2.5-inch hard disk drive. The hard disk size is 1TB and the partition type is exFAT.
4) You can see the list of external hard drives in the recovery menu, but you can not see the list of files in the drive.
5) We chose bootable rescue media that can be authored on the True Image Windows version, not on WinPE-based recovery media. I also downloaded the ISO image and burned it to a USB drive.
I hope this answer helps solve your problem.
I connected a USB external device with a built-in 2.5-inch hard disk drive. The hard disk size is 1TB and the partition type is exFAT.
The core problem here is with using exFAT which is not supported by ATI 2016 as documented in the ATI 2016 User Guide:
Acronis True Image for home users supports:
- Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 *
- ReiserFS *
Note: ReiserFS partitions and disks cannot be backed up to Acronis Cloud.
- Linux SWAP *
* The Ext2/Ext3/Ext4, ReiserFS, and Linux SWAP file systems are supported only for disk or partition backup/recovery operations. You cannot use Acronis True Image for file-level operations with these file systems (file backup, recovery, search, as well as image mounting and file recovering from images). You also cannot perform backups to disks or partitions with these file systems.
Hello, expert. Thank you for your help.
I changed the format of the external hard disk from exFAT to NTFS, and the problem is resolved.
I sincerely appreciate your help.