Skip to main content

Cannot select my mac root drive as source?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 4

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15733

Niklas, welcome to these public User Forums.

Please see the ATI 2016 User Guide for Mac for help with your issue. If you are not using the ATI for Mac version of the software, then you cannot backup a Mac computer.

Beginner

Hi, sorry. My post seemed to not have gone in properly! :)

It's ATI 2016 for Mac and its installed properly. It's worked for several years but then suddenly today I noticed that I can no longer select the src drive. Any idea why this happens?

Cheers, Niklas

Legend

Niklas, has anything significant changed on your Mac since ATI 2016 was last working correctly?

I am not a Mac user so my help will be limited to information found in the user guide and knowledgebase documents.  The user guide gives the following, so is this what you have?

System requirements

Supported operating systems:

• OS X Mavericks 10.9
  • OS X Yosemite 10.10
  • OS X El Capitan 10.11

Supported file systems:

• Mac OS Extended format (case-insensitive)
  • FAT32
  • exFAT
  • NTFS (read-only)
Forum Hero
Comments: 7189

If using Mojave - check out this KB article.. I believe that 2016 does not support Mojave either because of the security changes in the OS.

61832: Acronis True Image 2019: how to grant full disk access on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Beginner

Hi! Yeah, it's true I have Mojave so I guess it doesn't support? Can I upgrade 2016 to 2019? Which version would you think? I want the simplest one :)

Thanks for the article, Bobbo, I will try it with 2019!

Cheers,

Niklas

Legend

Niklas, yes you can upgrade from ATI 2016 to 2019 - please see KB 61629: How to upgrade to Acronis True Image 2019 - which has a section near the bottom on the process for Mac users.

Forum Hero
Comments: 7189

Yes, I believe 2019 would be the way to go with Mojave.  You can always try it out for 30 days with the trial version before committing to a purchase.  Or, Acronis has a 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied with a purchase.

Here is the 2019 supported Mac OS:  https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ATIMAC2019/#42166.html

and here is 2016 (which only officially goes up to 10.11.X):

https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ATIMAC2016/#27872.html

Beginner

Thank you for the help! Installing it now :)

Cheers,

N

Beginner

By the way, I don't want any data to leave my laptop. Is it True that Cloud backup and other stuff is turned off so all data stays on my laptop? :)

Cheers,

N

Legend

Niklas, for any data to leave your laptop (regardless of being Windows or Mac), you would need to configure a backup to such a remote location as otherwise nothing is done at all.

With Acronis True Image, there are a number of Services which are used which may share some information about your task activity with Acronis in order to allow you to use their web Dashboard.

See KB 61624: Acronis True Image 2019: Windows services and processes as an example of these services and associated processes - this is focused only on Windows, so I do not know how this relates to the Mac version of ATI.

The other privacy issue is the default opt-in to the Acronis Customer Experience Programme which you can opt out from in the ATI main settings page!  CEP uses Google Analytics to transmit data to Acronis when enabled!