Skip to main content

How to get a list of files that were backed up in an incremental backup

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

I am using ATI 2016. My incremental backups are usually about 1-2gigs.  On Jan 6, 2021 the incremental backup size jumped to 40gigs.  Now it is consistently 30-70gigs each day.  I would like to investigate what is causing the growth. If I could see a list of what was backed up, I might be able to find out what's happening.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 24728

Tim, welcome to these public User Forums.

Sorry but there is no list provided by Acronis to show what has been backed up by any type of backup task.

The only options here would be to Mount the backup image to a Windows drive letter, assuming this is a Disks & Partitions type backup, then use a tool to compare folder sizes between the backup and the source drive / partition.

One known cause for this type of issue is if the source drive is being defragmented.

Please submit Feedback directly to Acronis (use the tool provided in the GUI Help section) and ask for your vote to be added to the Acronis internal feature request TI-160287 Show the list of file saved in an incremental\diff backup,

Forum Moderator
Comments: 6067

Hello Tim,

added your topic as a vote for the feature request TI-160287 Show the list of file saved in an incremental\diff backup. thank you!