Skip to main content

[ISSUE] Can't delete Cloudbackups!

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 4

Hello,

i have the problem that i can't delete a cloudbackup which i don't need anymore. If i wanna delete it i can the error message:

Aktion kann nicht abgeschlossen werden, der gewählte Computer wird gerade verwendet. Versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.

Mehr Details

ssn: 4B83EA6F9C41F9904740F4168741F8A1
rqst: 90acedb6-f675-46d2-912a-7e15c00cd596
Datum: April 08, 2016, 17:40:11 (UTC)

Englisch:

Action can not be completed , the selected computer is in use. Try again later.

This message i'm getting also if my PC is off(where Acronis is installed) and i login from another PC to the cloud... If i wanna delete the Backup in the program, i get a error too(See the screen with Knowledge Base)

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 9229

Just quessing but do you have another backup or sync task running to the Cloud from your machine or another machine tied to your account?  If yes I would say that is the problem.  Either you wait for such a task to complete and then do the deletion or you Cancel such task and once that is confirmed then do the deletion.

Beginner

I disabled all services from Acronis + closed all Processes from Acronis in the Task manager! So no other backup should upload at the moment. I deleted now the backup in the cloud, but its come back again with 0 Bytes. What the hell is going on there?

Forum Hero
Comments: 8346

Robert, I had a similar issue one time... see if this helps

http://forum.acronis.com/forum/114521#comment-343706

Beginner

So you did this:

" FYI though, instead of deleting the script jobs, perhaps just move them somewhere else... just in case it doesnt' work for you, so you can put them back if need be."

The backup that should delete out of the list never came again with that method right?

For me the problem is, as soon as i start my PC, the acronis services/processes starting again and upload the old backup(that one i wanna delete) again into the cloud <.<

I can delete it in the program, but when it happens same...after some time the old backup is again in my list and start the upload...

Forum Hero

Yeah, so for me, I stopped Acronis on the system.  Manually checked the backup scripts for the Acronis Cloud backup task with notepad and moved those out of the folder.  I then renamed the acroniscloud folder to acroniscloud.bak on the local system.

I then started the services and let the cloud sync up with the system.  It did bring the weird task back in my local console.  However, I was then able to delete it in my local console and that nuked it from the cloud then.  

In your case, once you've nuked it from the computer, instead of launching Acronis first, what happens if you then log into the cloud online (https://cloud-wr-us1.acronis.com/enterprise/login/login.htm) and nuke it from there instead after that - does it say it's still locked then?  If so try first using the "cleanup" option .. there's a semi-hidden cog wheel that gives you the option.  

Run that and set all optoins to checked with the first 2 set to one day.  There may be a corruption in one of the older backup versions so this will hopefully clear that out. Once the cleanup is done (could take a little while).  Then see if you can delete the entire task from the cloud.  I'd wait about 5-10 minutes once the cleanup says it's done - there seems to be some delay time needed - I think cloud changes need 5 minutes to replicate everywhere.

Attachment Size
347056-127465.jpg 21.77 KB
347056-127468.jpg 27.63 KB
Beginner

Bobbo_3C0X1 wrote:

Yeah, so for me, I stopped Acronis on the system.  Manually checked the backup scripts for the Acronis Cloud backup task with notepad and moved those out of the folder.  I then renamed the acroniscloud folder to acroniscloud.bak on the local system.

I then started the services and let the cloud sync up with the system.  It did bring the weird task back in my local console.  However, I was then able to delete it in my local console and that nuked it from the cloud then.  

In your case, once you've nuked it from the computer, instead of launching Acronis first, what happens if you then log into the cloud online (https://cloud-wr-us1.acronis.com/enterprise/login/login.htm) and nuke it from there instead after that - does it say it's still locked then?  If so try first using the "cleanup" option .. there's a semi-hidden cog wheel that gives you the option.  

Run that and set all optoins to checked with the first 2 set to one day.  There may be a corruption in one of the older backup versions so this will hopefully clear that out. Once the cleanup is done (could take a little while).  Then see if you can delete the entire task from the cloud.  I'd wait about 5-10 minutes once the cleanup says it's done - there seems to be some delay time needed - I think cloud changes need 5 minutes to replicate everywhere.

I deleted the backup in the cloud, it appears again in the cloud after some minutes. Same happens if i delete it in the program on my PC...if i look with notepad in my Script files i can't see which script belongs to which backup <.<

If i wanna delete the backup after cleanup i'm getting the same error like i posted before...

"Action can not be completed , the selected computer is in use. Try again later."

Forum Hero
Comments: 9229

Robert,

When you chose to delete the backup in the app GUI are you selecting to delete the task settings or are you choosing to delete the task settings and the backup?  If you are choosing to delete just the task settings then becasue the backup file itself still exists then it will reappear in the backup list.

Try deleting both the task and the backup if you have not done so already.

Beginner

Enchantech wrote:

Robert,

When you chose to delete the backup in the app GUI are you selecting to delete the task settings or are you choosing to delete the task settings and the backup?  If you are choosing to delete just the task settings then becasue the backup file itself still exists then it will reappear in the backup list.

Try deleting both the task and the backup if you have not done so already.

I have no options for delete task settings or something, i just right-click on my backup and choose delete.

Legend
Comments: 27545

Robert, when I click on Delete for my Acronis Cloud task, I then am given a further pop up message asking for confirmation that I want to delete the task settings and data, which when I say Yes, it deletes it all.

Note: I noticed that when I reinstalled ATIH 2016 on another of my computers and signed in with my account credentials, it also showed the Acronis Cloud task in the list of backup tasks on that computer too - even though I had never created it or run it for that system!  If you have more than one computer, please check that this isn't the case for you too.

Forum Hero

Ditto to Steve - that's what I see on all of my computers when they are all logged into the account from the application.  However, the "weird" backup giving me this same issue was somehow trying to run from one of the other systems - which was very strange.  Ultimately, I was able to remove it by doing the online cleanup as mentioend above and then deleting the task from the computer it was actually created from.

1) Run Acronis Cloud clean up for the backup job in Acronis cloud - set to retain no more than 1 day as shown in the previous screenshots.

2) Move the backup task in the source computer.  Then rename the acroniscloud folder on the backup source computer.

3) From within Acronis on the source computer, right click the backup task after it is reimported by the cloud and delete it - make sure to give confirmation so tha the process can complete.  

I understand the locked file issue as I had it too.  I'm hoping that running the cleanup in the cloud (not on the system) and making it keep no more than the last instance, will work for you as it did for me.