Skip to main content

Problem Installation ATI 2016

Beginner
Comments: 4

Hallo zusammen, ich hoffe, dass mir jemand helfen kann:

Ich versuche nunmehr seit 2 Tagen mein Programm zu installieren. Sowohl das Original auf CD, als auch die heruntergeladene aktuelle Version lassen sich nicht installieren. Ich habe schon versucht, zeitweise den Virenscanner zu deaktivieren. Auch habe ich vor Installation das Cleanup Tool verwendet. 

Die Installation funktioniert scheinbar schon. Nur kurz vor dem Schluss wir sie mit einem schwerwiegenden Fehler beendet......

Ich wollte die installer_logs beigefügen, hat aber leider nicht geklappt. Auf Wunsch verschicke ich sie per Mail. Ich hoffe sehr, dass mir jemand helfen kann. Vielen Dank schon mal im voraus.

Legend
Comments: 12975

Stefan, welcome to these User Forums.

What version of Windows OS do you have where you are trying to install ATI 2016?

Have you had a previous version of ATI installed on this same computer previously?

Please see forum topic: [How to] uninstall a previous installation for the steps that may need following if ATI was installed before.

When attaching any log files, it may be best to first zip these then attach them.

Beginner

I use Win 10 Home, Vers. 1709, 64-bit. Yes, I user ATI 2016 before. When I started the program, it sayed, that there is a newer version. So I tried to update my ATI. It doesn´t work and shows the same error like now. After that I decided to uninstall my ATI and reinstall it. That doesn´t work. Same error. Perhaps I try it again using your "how to". Thanks in advance.

Attachment Size
434115-141651.zip 148.06 KB
Beginner

I tried it once again. Unfortunately the same problem...

Legend

Stefan, thank you for the log information, this shows a couple of issues:

1.  You are installing an old build of ATI 2016 build # 5029 - that is a long way back in time, you should sign in to your Acronis Account and download the final build # 6595 installer and use that version to do the install.

2.  It looks as if you previously have installed ATI from a different user account, which is giving errors in the Windows installer msi log.

PreviousVersionCorruptedMsg = The older version of this product cannot be removed because it seems to be corrupted.
Property(S): ProductsMajorDowngradeMsg = Cannot automatically install the following products since their newer versions are already installed. Try to manually uninstall them before installing these older versions.
Property(S): ProductsPerMachineMsg = The following products could not be removed automatically since they were installed on a per-machine basis (the products are available for all users of this computer). Uninstall these products manually and then restart installation.
Property(S): ProductsPerUserMsg = The following products could not be removed automatically since they were installed on a per-user basis (the products are available for only one user of this computer). Uninstall these products manually and then restart installation.

VSDVERSIONMSG = Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed.

ProductsLanguageMsg = The following products cannot be uninstalled automatically since they were installed using a different language. Uninstall these products manually and then restart installation.

ProductAliasName = Acronis True Image 2016
ProductLanguageName = English
ProductShortName = TrueImageHome

You may need to run the Acronis Cleanup Tool from each different User Account on this computer to ensure that all traces of any previous Acronis installed software is removed.

See also KB 59045: Acronis Software: installation fails with "MainEngineThread is returning 1603" or "MainEngineThread is returning 1618"  - the Windows msi log shows error 1603 being returned.

Beginner

I have no other "known" user accounts. As far as I remember it was told by the support of a program to create the now existing user account and to delete the old one. It is possible that there are still some fragments left. Do you think that there is a possibility to manually remove everything to be able to install my ATI?

The attached file was created during the installation of my original CD. After that I tried several times to install build # 6595. After trying to install the software there is no possibility to save anything....

Legend

Stefan, I have not known ATI to create any new user accounts when being installed, and on my own computer I only have my one user account with ATI 2018 installed and working fine.

The Acronis Cleanup Tool, run as Administrator, should remove any existing software from the account where it is executed.

If you are still seeing a problem getting ATI 2016 installed, then I would suggest opening a Support Case but use the option for Trial/Pre-sales/Licensing question instead of Technical assistance, as you do not have ATI installed / are trying to install it.  You can do this with the German speaking support team at Acronis.

See forum topic: Problem Acronis 2018 aktivieren which shows the steps to take.

Beginner

Steve thank you for your help. I´ll give it a try....