Skip to main content

Schedul2.exe Wakes PU PC Preventing Sleep

Thread needs solution
CW
Beginner
Comments: 8

Whenever my PC attempts to sleep, Schedul2.exe wakes it up, as though there was a back-up scheduled, even when no back-up is scheduled.  As a result, my PC can no longer enter Sleep mode.

I reinstalled True Image 2016, including the latest updates, updates Schedul2.exe and rebuilt my back-ups so it would not be a problem, yet the problem persists.  I used powercfg -lastwake from the command prompt which is how I discovered it was Schedul2.exe causing the problem instead of some other issue.

I developed some logs which might help, which I have attached.  Please help.

Attachment Size
schedul2.zip 7.7 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15464

CW, welcome to these User Forums.

What do you have configured for your backup tasks in terms of any schedules?

The log data shows that various of your scheduled tasks are attempting to be started but not succeeding, but I am also seeing some strange dates for the log entries, with many dates in the future and skipping around rather than being contiguous as expected.

I would recommend downloading the Acronis Scheduler Manager tool (link in my signature) and using this to first 'get list' which will list all the entries known to the Schedul2 task.  You can then clear all these scheduled tasks by using 'task zap' to delete all the entries.

Check that your PC is able to go to sleep after doing this and if all is OK, then you will need to reconfigure any schedules for your backup task and check any associated settings that would prevent the PC from going to sleep.

In reply to by Steve Smith

CW
Beginner

How do I use the get list and task zap options?  I have a tssk that is somehow left over from a previous application of TI.  I cannot find a way to delete it.  I believe that is what is causing my issue.

Legend

CW, take a read of KB 1859: Acronis Scheduler Manager where you download the tool from, then scroll down the page to where it says: Managing scheduled tasks this will then take you through using some of the tool commands with examples.

CW
Beginner

Thank you.  Let me try it.

CW
Beginner

It worked.  Task Zap worked.  Thanks!

Legend

CW, thanks for the feedback, glad the task zap helped with this issue.

In reply to by Steve Smith

CW
Beginner

I reset the Schedul2.exe configuration on the two back-ups I have scheduled, and again my PC will not sleep.  Please help me find the source of and solution to this problem. this problem.  This time Task Zap would not stop the problem.  It is definitely coming from TI.  What Schedmgr.exe diagnostics do you need to see?  Anything else?

I tried using Powercfg lastwake and it listed 1 in the history, but no source of the waking activity.

Thanks for your help.

Legend

CW, how have you got your 2 backup tasks configured here?  What schedule did you set for them?  What options are selected on the Scheduler configuration page?

If you change the tasks to being not scheduled and use Task Zap, there should be nothing from ATI to stop your computer from going to sleep.

CW
Beginner

I have one task to run monthly, and one to run weekly.  Options include wake from sleep, and not run until system is idle.  Task zap did eliminate scheduled tasks, but it still did not end a task that was apparently in progress when I ran the task zap.  This task keeps the PC from sleeping.  Reconfiguring the two tasks did not alter the situation.

My PC is set up with no hardware or other software set to wake the computer.

Did I answer your question?

Legend

I would suggest not using the "not run until system is idle" option - personally I have never found this to be effective as ATI never judged my system to ever be idle!

CW
Beginner

I do use that option.

Legend

Understand but a side effect is that backup tasks can be delayed via the scheduler to run later when the system is deemed to not be active.  May be worth trying to see if there is any difference to this sleep / wake up issue?

CW
Beginner

I will try it and get back to you.  Backups can take a while as you know.

Forum Member
Comments: 71

Hi,

have you find out what causes this issue?

I encounter same symptoms with my ATI 2017 installation on my Windows 10 computer.

I happens after I did a installation from the latest ATI 2017 Build.

Before I did this  installation of ATI 2017, there was no issues with Windows sleep mode.

CW
Beginner

I never found what caused my problem.  I restarted and changed several unrelated things, and it went away.  I really think it was restarting and reconfiguring True Image that solved the problem, but I am at a loss to point to something more specific.

Hope my comment helps in some way.  It is entirely possible you had an issue with ATI 2017.