Skip to main content

Scheduler Service stops - every time I reboot the PC - anyone have a fix for this?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

Hi all, first post here.  I have 2016 running on Win7 (yes I know it's obsolete but I still like it...).  Every time I start up the PC, I get an error message from Acronis that the Scheduler Service is stopped, and must be restarted in order for the automatically scheduled backups to occur as configured.  I click the popup window, and Acronis turns on the service again.  But it always turns off again upon next reboot.  I verified a "Scheduler2 Service" is in the Startup configuration for my PC.

Any ideas as to why, or how to fix this?  Any help is appreciated.

Greg

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 21411

Greg, welcome to these public User Forums.

As ATI 2016 is long out of support by Acronis there will be no software updates to fix this issue unless you are not running the final build #6595 version of the application?  If you have an older, earlier build then download the final #6595 version from your Acronis Account web page and install it.

The other options here are to set the Acronis Scheduler2 service startup to 'Automatic (delayed start)' to see if this will help resolve the issue, and consider changing the recovery options for this service.

If making the above changes doesn't solve this issue, then see below:

KB 36429: Acronis Software: exclude program folders and executables from antivirus and other security programs
KB 46430: Acronis Software: Making Acronis Products Compatible with Antivirus Software

Beginner

Hi, thanks so much for your help - it's taken me forever to get back to this.  But I have a question - how do you find the Scheduler2 Service Properties?  I couldn't get their from the Startup menu path shown.

I did find my software was not the latest build, so I updated that.  Meanwhile I was hoping to find the Properties you showed in your very detailed email below. 

Many thanks for helping, Greg

Attachment Size
538575-184786.JPG 97.77 KB
Legend
Comments: 21411

Greg, I wasn't using the msconfig tool from your image. 

The easiest way of getting to the Services page is to first launch the Task Manager by right-clicking on the status bar on the desktop, then click on the Services tab in the panel shown.

When the Task Manager > Services page is open, click on the Open Services link shown at the bottom of the page near the left corner.  This will open the actual Services control panel where you can get to the Properties of any selected service in the list.

To access the Properties of a service, right-click on the name, i.e. Acronis Scheduler2 Service then select Properties from the drop-down menu shown.

Beginner

Thanks Steve very much for your help, much appreciated!

Regards, Greg