Skip to main content

Single version backup

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 2

I want to make a complete back-up from my PC.

I have a external hard drive of 2 TB.

My "total PC" is 700 GB.

I choose single version back up in which the old back up is deleted first, followed by a new back up.

Still Acronis says that my disk is full.

How come?

Thanks!

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 23402

Rob, welcome to these User Forums.

'I choose single version back up in which the old back up is deleted first, followed by a new back up.'

A single version backup does not delete anything until a new replacement backup has been created successfully. This is stated in the ATI 2018 User Guide: Single version scheme description:

Single version scheme

This backup scheme is the same for both disk backup and file backup types (except scheduler settings).

The program creates a full backup version and overwrites it every time according to the specified schedule or when you run the backup manually. In this process, the old version is deleted only after a new version is created.

If your source disk is only 700MB total size and you have a 2TB destination drive, then there must be something else going on here to cause the message that the disk is full?

Can you provide a screen shot of the drive contents from Explorer?

Beginner
Comments: 2

Dear Steve, you won't believe it, but I only see your reply to my question now! Apparently, I hadn't switched on notifications.... Thanks after two years ;-) !