Skip to main content

Will not RECOVER

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 3

Hi All,

ACRONIS looks good and operates well UNTIL! your computer fails, and you are in need to recover C drive. This has happened to me 2 times over the years and have given ACRONIS the benefit of the doubt too many times now. I have never been able to recover C form an ACRONIS back up!

Today for a trial I did a back up of my data drive D, and immediately tried to run the recover on the same drive. Fails every time at the reboot into recovery. Error 0X4001A. There is no information in the Acronis KB on the error. I am completely dumbfounded how there are so many good reviews on this product, but I can't get the critical part of its operation to work.

A screen shot of the error code is attached.

Anyone got any ideas on what may be wrong?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 27768

Chambo, how exactly are you attempting to perform the recovery in your scenarios?

If you are doing this by starting the recovery within Windows, then you will be causing Acronis to restart the computer into a small, limited, temporary Linux based recovery environment, which does not have the best support for any drives that may be using RAID or BitLocker etc.

The recommended method for doing any recovery is to create the Acronis rescue media then boot the PC from that media ensuring that you use the same BIOS boot mode as is used by your Windows OS (to avoid any unwanted change in partition scheme between MBR & GPT).

See KB 61632: Acronis True Image 2019: how to create bootable media
Also KB 61621: Acronis True Image 2019: How to restore your computer with WinPE-based or WinRE-based media

KB 59877: Acronis True Image: how to distinguish between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes of Acronis Bootable Media