Skip to main content

Windows shadow copy activated, but shadow copys lost.

Forum Member
Comments: 19

Hi.

I hope I don't make a mistake when translating "point de restauration" in "shadow copy" ...

So, since some months, I noticed that shadow copys were lost.

For example :

On sunday, I've created a "manual" shadow copy.

On monday evening, at 7pm, the shadow copy was present.

At 8pm, Acronis True Image 2016 runs a backup task then the PC stops.

On Tuesday evening, the shadow copy was deleted.

In the Windows Events, there is a message "L’ancien cliché instantané du volume C: a été abandonné pour conserver l’utilisation d’espace disque pour les clichés instantanés de volume C: sous la limite définie par l’utilisateur.".

But the space reserved for the shadow copys is large enough ~  10 Go and is empty.

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

Stéphane

Legend
Comments: 14529

Stéphane, please download the Acronis VSS Doctor tool (link in my signature) and use this to check for any VSS configuration issues and to resolve the same where possible.

point de restauration - translates as restore point, which is part of the Windows System Protection settings, where you may need to adjust the amount of disk space allocated for system restore point storage.

See webpage: How to Enable System Restore (and Repair System Problems) on Windows 10 - for more information on configuring System Restore storage space.

Forum Member

Hi Steve.

Thanks for your help.

I've downloaded Acronis VSS Doctor.

3 issues found :

- VSS Writers Status / Status: Error / Description: Failed to collect VSS writers status => not fixed.

- VSS Shadow Storages Status / Status: Warn / Description: Some VSS shadow storages are misconfigured => now OK.

- NTFS Volume Access Control Configuration / Status: Warn / Description: Some volumes have incorrect access control configuration => now OK

(Have a look at the report).

I will control if the problem persists.

Best regards..

Stéphane

Attachment Size
464607-153747.txt 9.24 KB
Forum Member

Hi Steve.

The problem seems to be solved.

Restore points are not deleted now.

Tested with succes on 2 PCs.

Thanks a lot :-)

Stéphane

Legend
Comments: 14529

Stéphane, thanks for the feedback, glad all is now OK.