Skip to main content

Acronis file tib.sys incompatible with Windows Memory Integrity (True Image 2017 on Win 11)

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 1

My wife's PC got fried by lightning and was replaced with new. Got the existing Acronis license transferred to the new PC, but True Image 2017 wouldn't install (from the latest installation file downloaded from the Acronis site), giving a driver file compatibility error for tib.sys. Tried disabling anti-virus, etc, no change. Research found info that disabling Windows Memory Integrity might allow that driver file to install. It did, but I'm left with an either/or situation - have True Image installed or have Windows Memory Integrity functionality, but not both. Any suggestions?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 28771

Robert, welcome to these public User Forums.

This is a known issue and only resolved by Acronis in the build 40107 version of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office which now offers a Custom Install option where users can now elect not to install the 'Try&Decide tool' feature (which brings the tib.sys driver to Windows).

For users of older versions of Acronis, see forum topic: Incompatible Driver(s): tib.sys? | Acronis Forum for information on how to circumvent the issue by renaming tib.sys to such as tib.~sys or by removing the associated registry entry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tib

Note: you may need to do a Safe mode start of Windows to action the above options.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Thank you, Steve. I did come across the file rename workaround in my search for a solution. Took that action and all works well. Thanks for replying to my inquiry.