Skip to main content

ATI 2016 Cloud does not advise ATI 2017 as download

Thread needs solution
Forum Star
Comments: 4743

As ATI 2016 Cloud subscription inclueds version updates I would have expected that I would be advised of new version being available. Am I missing something.

Othe users have reported receiving an Email for Acronis about ATI 2017 being avaiable. The only notification I have had is related to my being involved in beta testing.

Could it be that the emails are being stagered by geographic region?

Ian

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 8346

Do you have automatic updates enabled in the settings on your app?  Not sure how Acronis is notifying people but I was prompted when I logged in that an update was available.  If you were in the beta test, you may have to log out and log back in first as I found that after I upgraded, it said I only had 30 days left (like it was a trial) . Afer logging out and back in with my account, it registered correctly too.  

Forum Star

Yes, I was involved in the beta program for ATI 2017, however, beta testing was done on units that had not previously run ATI 2016 Cloud. I will check and report back.

Update: Reboted PC (it did a Windows update as part of the reboot) and still 'claims' that I am running the latest version (see screenshot).

Ian

Attachment Size
386327-132820.jpg 95.88 KB
Forum Hero

Interesting. Are you in Australia?  Maybe it released in the US first.  What about your downloads in your account - can you get it there?  If not, maybe reach out to technical support to see if they can advise on the release dates. 

Forum Star

Yes, I am in Australia (Melbourne). The weird thing is that if I log into my account the download version is build 5534 (which is ATI 2017 release build). I downloaded it via my Account yesterday morning (Aust Eastern Standard time). I used that download to update. All seems OK now (see screenshot).

The sttange thing is that there is a box to enter serial number. I could understand a change serial number but why would I need to enter it?

Ian

Update: Just booted up my main beta testing PC (used to test ATI 2017 beta) and it told me there was a new version of ATI avaiable.

Further update: Stated up my main system and it behaved in exactly the same manner. I am confused!

Attachment Size
386342-132823.jpg 63.14 KB
Forum Star

I contacted support via live chat and it appars that since (for unexplained reasons) ATI 2017 has not been released in Australia, it is not picking up the updated build. As the same software is used wherever you are located, this does not make much sense to me. Apparently you need a new serial number one you update. This serial number is in my account; it was itst unexpected appearence that 'caused' me to contact support. I am sure that I did not need a new serial number when I upgraded from ATI 2015 Cloud to ATI 2016 Cloud.

Ian

Forum Hero

Yeah, not sure myself.  2016 was the first time I had cloud included and had never logged into the applicaiton prior to that.  Seems like I did have to enter the new key when I got Cloud, but only becuase I hadn't been logging in.  After that though, any time I installed new or after a cleanup, I would just log in and it would register automatically.  I havea a feeling the beta license is what triggered the change for us this time.  Not sure when the product rolls out to different regions, but could see that being staggered.  At least you have it in the product downloads and are able to register it now though. 

Forum Star

I get the impression that part of the issue giving rise to the staggered rollout is due to some technical issues that are region specific. However, it is possible to buy ATI 2017 from the www site so not sure what the technical issue may be.

I note that for the subscription based options the cost of ugrade and new licence are the same, so I would go for new licence. The price for additional cloud storage is also quite reasonable.

Ian

Forum Star

Acronis is now offering ATI 2017 in Australia, but I am still not geting a 'new version avaialble' on ATI 2016 Cloud installatioins. This is very confusing!

Update: I have not received an email advising that ATI 2017 is available (other than one relating to the end of the beta proram which only a small number of users would have received).

Ian

Regular Poster
Comments: 272

I haven´t got any notice about the beta nor the upgrade to TI2017. (I live in Sweden)

I downloaded TI2017 manually and installed it.