Skip to main content

ATI 2017 Universal Restore

Beginner
Comments: 1

I’m using Acronis True Image 2017. I backed up my old computer that is a Intel machine and I wanted to restore it to a AMD machine and I used Acronis True Image 2017 to create the backup.

On the new machine I used ATI 2017 to restore the backup and everything went fine. I then booted the machine using Acronis Universal Restore to replace the Intel drivers with the AMD drivers and the first two were replaced with without issue then I received the error below and I couldn’t locate what it was looking for. I ignored the error and rebooted. The machine booted into Windows 10 with no errors, but I can’t access “Device Manager” or “Disk Management” also some programs don’t run.

"Cannot find device driver 'PCI/VEN_1022&DEV_43B7&SUBSYS_10621B21&REV_02' for 'Windows 10'

Where do I find what it is looking for?

Forum Hero
Comments: 9631
mvp

Richard,  a couple of suggestions for you.

Find the manufacturer support site for your new AMD computer or motherboard and try installing the Chipset drivers for Windows 10 assuming that these are available to download.

Do an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 which is fairly simple to do, i.e. download the MS Media Creation Tool and use this to make the installation media for your version of Windows 10 (matching both the version - Home or Pro and the architecture - 32-bit or 64-bit), then install this from within your running Windows 10 OS from the desktop.

See webpage: How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade