Skip to main content

Cannot delete cloud backup

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. (Hopefully I have posted this to the right place).

I am having a problem deleting a PC back up on the cloud.

I have tried deleting it using the ATI GUI and get a message - 'failed to lock drive' when I try using the web dashboard I get the following error:

Error: Request failed with status code 500
1607684770673-f176517ac7aff1fd4388 Archive is locked. <- Failed to lock the file.. Code = 0x40017 (module 4; code 23). Error occurred at c:/bs_hudson/workspace/agents-archive-reader/1462/product/products/archive_reader/network/archive3_storage_client.cpp:460 (CheckFileLocks) Tag: e4196625cfee9581 PcsCode = 22 Name = archive.tibx Attribute = 2 $module = archive3_adapter_lxa64_1462 <- Failed to lock the file.. Code = 0x40017 (module 4; code 23). Error occurred at c:/bs_hudson/workspace/agents-archive-reader/1462/product/archive/ver3/adapter/error.cpp:146 (ConvertPcsError) Tag: c8d8731ce106fa20 $module = archive3_adapter_lxa64_1462 <- Failed to lock the file.. Code = 0x40017 (module 4; code 23). Error occurred at c:/bs_hudson/workspace/agents-archive-reader/1462/product/archive/ver3/adapter/error.cpp:146 (ConvertPcsError) Tag: c8d8731ce106fa20 $module = archive3_adapter_lxa64_1462

It also won't run a disk clean up. I have cancelled all scheduled back ups, tried using the Acronis Scheduler - Task Zap and tried resetting and changing the clean up settings which it ignores and carries on making back ups over the number I have set and not deleting the older ones also as set. It seems to still be trying to back up even though all back ups are cancelled and the schedule cleared. I have tried going offline and deleting from another machine using the web interface and it tells me it cannot complete the operation whilst a back up is in progress.

Now I'm stuck and any help would be apreciated.

I'm using ATI 2021 on Windows 10 all fully up to date.

Thanks Graham
1 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 26726

Graham, welcome to these public User Forums.

Your topic about ATI 2021 has appeared in the ATI 2017 forum for some reason?  Strange!

See KB 62010: Acronis True Image: how to delete backups in Acronis Cloud and free up Cloud storage space - for the official process here.

Also KB 63839: Acronis True Image 2021: Using Cloud Cleanup Wizard

If the problem cloud backup task is the only such task, then you could try the following:

1. In the ATI 2021 GUI, on the Protection page, Turn off all protection.
  2. Close down the Acronis application.
  3. Rename or delete the C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\OnlineBackup folder & contents.
  4. Open the C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts folder and check for any XML script files (.tib.tis) that may be related to your Cloud backup.  Open each file in Notepad and check the task name shown near the top of the file.
    If you find any Cloud backup task XML script files, then move or delete these.
  5. Open the Windows Services control panel and stop the Acronis Managed Machine Mini Service and set the start up option for this service to 'Disabled' (so it doesn't restart on reboot).
    This service communicates with the Acronis Cloud Dashboard.

After doing the above, try again to delete the Cloud backup via the Dashboard.  
Note: the PC needs to be seen as being 'Offline' in the dashboard to allow the delete option, which stopping the MMMS service should give.

If you still are unable to delete this backup, then you will need to open a support case direct with Acronis and get them to help resolve this issue.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Thank you Steve. Sorry I had been looking at a 2017 post prior to making my own.

I've given it a go and unfortunatly it didn't work. I'll try Acronis Tech Support but based on previous experience I'm not very confident :(

Very much appreciate your help.