Skip to main content

Disappearing 2017 backups?

Beginner
Comments: 7

Hi,

I think I might be doing something wrong when backing up, and I would value some feedback on things I could check.

My ATI 2017 backups (build 8058,) get copied or moved from an internal secondary drive D to an external drive V at roughly 3 monthly intervals.  This external backup drive is then usually disconnected until the next time a backup is needed.

PROBLEM
It SEEMS that the folders of past backups on the external V drive now do not contain anything. Just the latest backup folder copied across today.

ACTIONS
I am presently carrying out a second antivirus/malware check, and, apart from looking for accidents, I am also trying to ensure that the backups were made with the perpetual licence version of 2017 and not the subscription version which was incorrectly purchased intially.

I do not want to jump to conclusions, so I would welcome help in getting a few tips/checks I can make - even basic steps.

Pete

Legend
Comments: 15139

My ATI 2017 backups (build 8058,) get copied or moved from an internal secondary drive D to an external drive V at roughly 3 monthly intervals.  This external backup drive is then usually disconnected until the next time a backup is needed.

Pete, assuming that the copying of your backups from D: to V: is being done fully outside of any involvement with ATI 2017, then not sure that there should be any reason why ATI would be involved in the disappearing backups?

The thought here is to ask whether you have more than one backup drive here?  Is it possible that the missing backups are on a different drive?