Skip to main content

Help needed on Error "Notfallmedium erstellt - Error 0x1480001" [English: "Created Rescue Media - Error 0x1480001"]

Beginner
Comments: 9

Liebe Experten,

nachdem ich mit "Rescue Media Builder" eine "Bootfähiges Acronis Notfallmedium" (hier: USB Stick) erstellt habe, erscheint folgender Fehlermeldung, wenn ich den USB Stick beim Hochfahren meines PCs angeschlossen habe.

Siehe Screenshot (PIC: 20180625_124727980.jpg)

Das Drücken der Taste "1" und "2" führt zu keinem Resultat. Das System bootet nach kurzer Wartezeit von alleine ds Betriebssystem.

Angaben: PC, Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit

Da ich im Forum --> Keine <--Fehlermeldung zu Error 0x1480001 gefunden habe, poste ich diesen Hilfe-Aufruf.

Vielen Dank im Voraus für Eure Hilfe!! 

VG Hanna

Attachment Size
20180625_124727980.jpg 38.73 KB
Legend
Comments: 14520

Hanna, welcome to these User Forums.

Please can you confirm which version & build of Acronis True Image you are using here?  This is shown on the Account page of the ATI GUI.

Also which type of Acronis bootable Rescue Media you have created?

In ATI 2017 and earlier versions, the default Rescue Media uses a Linux kernel OS for booting which may require that UEFI Secure Boot is disabled.

You can also create a Windows PE version of the Rescue Media that uses the Windows 10 ADK to provide the WinPE files, which should be fully compatible with UEFI Secure Boot.

Beginner

Dear Steve,

Thank you kindly for responding to my request I posted before the summer vacation.
I will try my best to respond in English.

My initial forum request is about: Error 0x1480001 - where I have not found any answer so far
Regarding your questions, I put my answer behind. Is this the information you were looking for?

#1) version & build of Acronis True Image I am using:  Version 2017, Build 8058

#2) Also which type of Acronis bootable Rescue Media you have created:
I followed the path "Acronis Media Builder" --> ""Bootablbe Acronic Emerceny medium" (=Transalation of German) --> "Bootable Medium was successfully created" --> then changed Bios (see pictures) --> Ran Program to check if it worked --> resulted in Failure (see picture)

Does this help you - and clarify the information you need in a better way?

Please in addition if I should follwo your step "require that UEFI Secure Boot is disabled.", where can I find an easy step-by-step tutorial?

Thank you very, very much dear Steve for helping me!! :o)

All the best,

Hanna

Attachment Size
459950-151742.jpg 60.67 KB
459950-151744.jpg 66.43 KB
459950-151747.jpg 59.57 KB
Legend

Hanna, thank you for the information - there are two thoughts I have - one is that when you boot from the Acronis USB stick it is not finding your keyboard (function: WaitForAnyOfKeys in the error image), or the Linux media does not have support for your hardware devices.

You could try using a wired keyboard with your computer and see if that resolves the issue.

Please see KB 59184: Acronis True Image 2017: Wie ein WinPE-Boot-Medium erstellen - which explains about the alternative type of Acronis Rescue Media which can be created using WinPE which would not require any changes to your UEFI Secure Boot settings.

If you have Windows 10 installed on your computer, you may like to try using the MVP Custom ATIPE Builder tool to create your Acronis USB Rescue Media stick - this can take the WinPE files from your Windows 10 Recovery Environment without the need to install the Windows 10 ADK files.  The link for the MVP tool can be found in my signature or in the Useful Links part of the forum pages.  It does not require anything to be installed - just unzip to C:\ and then run the tool as Administrator and follow the prompts given.

Beginner

Dear Steve

Thank you kindly for coming back to me and the issue.

I followed your step - until a new error message -appeared!

In detail: 

1.) I installed Windows ADK following exactly the steps: https://kb.acronis.com/content/59184

Done.

2.) Then I ran Rescue Media Builder according to the section step #2, the same URL as above.

I even formatted my USB stick

--> This resulted in the follwoing error message, see Uploaded File

The problem is, wehn I click on the link provided by ACRONIS --> an empty page opens, see URL: https://kb.acronis.com/errorcode/bookmark/0x00180021_0x0000FFF0_0x00000241%22%3B/7931/1535711781/68445237-21EA-4211-A48F-E59901AAB46E

Dan you please help me with this issue?

Thank you kindly,

Hanna

Attachment Size
459958-151754.PNG 15.5 KB
Legend

Hanna, have you restarted your computer since installing the Windows 10 ADK software?  This is sometimes needed.

Beginner

Dear Steve,

Thank you once again for your advice.

I restarted the PC - the same failure message appeared when running A.Rescue Media Builder, see Picure in Attachment 459958-151754.PNG above. 

What else can be the issue when Acronis writes: Failed to mount the source.wim file

Then I did exactly as you wrote: installing MVP Custom ATIPE Builder + running the script in advanced mode.

The program ran + finished.

I then put the USB stick into my PC and booted --> resulting in the following screen "see PIC message after booting"

I mean the WINPE stick seems correctly build - or waht is your thought, see attachment #2:

What advice would you kindly have for helping me? 

Thank you once again,

Hana

Attachment Size
459982-151762.jpg 45.21 KB
459982-151764.PNG 95.35 KB
Legend

Hanna, the screen shots appear to show that the MVP WinPE USB stick has been created correctly as far as the WinPE OS is concerned, but is not launching the Acronis applications, so this coupled with the earlier source.wim issue, makes me believe that there is a problem with your installed ATI 2017 program.

To resolve this, please open the C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\WinPE folder in Explorer and then delete the WinPE.zip file that you find there.  There have been problems in the past where this file has been from an earlier version of ATI and wasn't upgraded correctly.

Next, sign in to your Acronis account on the main acronis.com website and download the ATI 2017 full installer program from there, then run the installer without uninstalling your current software - this will give you an option to Repair the application and will put the correct WinPE.zip file back to replace the one you deleted.

After doing the above, please retry the MVP builder tool to make an updated USB stick and check if that then works correctly for you.

Beginner

Hi dear Steve,

I did exactly as you described.

I then retried running the MVP builder which created the files on a stick, wehere nothin else is saved.

Then I rebooted with the usb stick insertes --> same failure, see screenshot below.

I could even send you the MVP_ATIPEBuilder_31-08-2018_17.43.02.log

In addition: running a different usb stick in Acronis and creating a rescue media resulted - again - in the same failure as above. The process stops and says:

failed to mount the source .wim file

I am now really quite frustrated.... is there anything else I can try in order to create a working rescue media usb stick?

All the best,

Hana

Attachment Size
460006-151769.jpg 45.21 KB
Legend

Hanna, please attach the MVP tool log file using the File upload button in the forum.

Beginner

Yes, sure. Pls find the file uploaded.

Attachment Size
460025-151777.log 5.81 KB
Legend

Hanna, thanks for the log, it looks like the Windows 10 ADK did not install correctly.

In your MVP log it shows:

----------------
ADK INFORMATION:
----------------
Installed:               NotFound
WINRE64:                 NotFound
WINRE86:                 NotFound

Looking in my own log I see:

----------------
ADK INFORMATION:
----------------
Installed:               10.0.17134
WINRE64:                 NotFound
WINRE86:                 NotFound

Beginner

Hi Steve,

You won't believe what solution I found after googling for hours ....!

1. In BIOS, Change default set-up from “secure boot enabled” to à “secure boot disabled”
  2. Restart PC and open ATI as Admin
  3. Then run Rescue Media Builder with inserted USB Stick --> the error "failed to mount the source .wim file" does not appear
  4. I then restarted my pc witht he USB stick inserted and ATI 2017 started automatically, see attachment "Acronis T I Screen 3 after Booting_c.jpg"

My remaining questions to you are:

5. you judging from the attachment, am I fine - or - do I still need to create with the program "MVP_ATIPEBuilder_v182" an usb stick?
  6. having inserted the built usb Stick with the AT Rescue Media, does the program need a "MyVolume_full_b1_s1.tib" - or - "MyVolume_inc_b1_s1.tib" File in order to restore the system?
    I am kindly asking you as a pc novice, after reading the help, FAQ and handbook.
    I am asking you as how can the system restore to the last status quo, when I do incremental backups ("MyVolume_inc_b1_s1.tib")?

Thank you very muc, Steve if you could please answer the last questions in order for me to flawlessly restore my PC to the latest backup.

Your Karma Points surely went up !!! :o)

All the best from Switzerland,

Hanna

Attachment Size
460079-151788.jpg 88.63 KB
Legend

Hanna Frey wrote:
My remaining questions to you are:
  1. you judging from the attachment, am I fine - or - do I still need to create with the program "MVP_ATIPEBuilder_v182" an usb stick?
  2. having inserted the built usb Stick with the AT Rescue Media, does the program need a "MyVolume_full_b1_s1.tib" - or - "MyVolume_inc_b1_s1.tib" File in order to restore the system?
    I am kindly asking you as a pc novice, after reading the help, FAQ and handbook.
    I am asking you as how can the system restore to the last status quo, when I do incremental backups ("MyVolume_inc_b1_s1.tib")?

Hanna, I would recommend using the MVP ATIPE Builder tool for your USB stick - you will see the difference as soon as you boot your computer from it.  The MVP media has a lot more features than the plain version created by the Acronis builder, i.e. it includes a file manager, web browser, image capture tool (IrfanView) plus can launch other Acronis applications if these are installed when the media is created.  See screen image from the MVP media below.

When doing any Recovery, if recovering from an Incremental backup chain, then you should select the most recent file, so MyVolume_inc_b1_s2_v1.tib would contain any changes since the initial MyVolume_full_b1_s1_v1.tib file was created.  The Recovery would restore back the contents from the whole backup chain starting at the point captured in the file selected.

MVPmedia02 Programs.jpg

Beginner

Hello Steve,

Thank you once again very kindly for replying to me.

OK. I am writing to you regarding your recommendation in setting up a “working” USB-Stick with MVP ATIPE Builder tool.

I ran it once again – and – although the log (see attachment #1) again showed the same within “ADK Information” as your screenshot – the USB Stick inserted into my PC at bootup ran flawlessly. The MVP Menu opened, I could through all recovery steps….

… but then I was clueless as the Recovery Wizard program came to following point: “Specify recover settings of Partition 1-1 (see attachment #2). Leaving the selection on “Auto” within the field “Logical drive letter” à resulted in à Recovery Wizard suggesting to create three new hard drive sectors F, K, H.

This is where I stopped.

You must know, my hard drive has – and should remain – with the following drive partitions:

B: Data

C: System

D: Data

E: Guest

What do I need to change in order for the recovery wizard (using the MVP on my Stick) will restore my pc exactly the way I had (rgd. The partitions) so far?

Thank you once again very, very much for your knowledge, patience and help!

Cheers, Hanna

Attachment Size
460259-151871.log 7.27 KB
460259-151872.jpg 119.15 KB
460259-151875.jpg 132.38 KB
Forum Hero
Comments: 5925

Ich denke, das das Windows10 ADK veraltet ist, wegen: "Tool zur Imageverwaltung fr die Bereitstellung
Version: 10.0.15063.0"

Ausserdem sollte der Ordner "MVP_ATIPEBuilder_v182" auf Laufwerk "C:" gespeichert werden um Leerstellen in Dateipfaden zu vermeiden.

Legend

Hanna, good to hear that you have got the MVP WinPE media working and are able to use the Acronis programs shown from there.

Please see forum topic: [How to] recover an entire disk backup - where the key to avoiding the scenario you have found with specifying partitions individually, is to select at the top Disk level.

Beginner

@ G. Uphoff: Thank you kindly for your helpfull informataion. I was not aware of that. Will fix it.

@ Steve: thanks, but this document I already had dwld. due to the reference in your signature.

The point I am trying to clarify is - in step #6 of the rceovery process I (as well) clicked on "Disk 1".

The outcome you can see in my attachment "Attachment#3_Result of Recovery Wizard Auto Settings.jpg" where Acronis new new hard drive sectors F, K, H. This I do not want or need. Rather stick to my previous hard drive partition as written in my last message.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,

Hanna

Legend

The outcome you can see in my attachment "Attachment#3_Result of Recovery Wizard Auto Settings.jpg" where Acronis new new hard drive sectors F, K, H.

Hanna, I do not see any new attachment as per your update above.