Skip to main content

How to have Acronis NOT save old backups to the recycled folder

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

I have Acronis True Image 2017 for my home backing up two PCs across a home network to an NAS with 6TB storage. About every 3 months or so, I get the email notification that backup has failed. It doesn't tell me plainly why, but I gather it is because the NAS is full. I have Acronis set up to keep several old versions of the backup/image and then delete any older than that. But it appears to go to a recycled folder on my NAS, so it really doesn't free up any space. As a result, I have to manually go in whenever this happens and delete files.

I am going to change the settings to keep less copies of old backups--one old one should be enough--but I'd really like it if when old ones get deleted, that they really get deleted so space frees up. How do I do that?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 18072

Andy, welcome to these public User Forums.

I have never had any issues with my NAS backup image files being deleted to the NAS recycle bin so just checked and this is a setting that would need to be enabled / disabled on the NAS itself for your destination shared folder where your backups are being stored.

See the screen shot below from my Synology NAS for my own Backup folder.