Skip to main content

How to permanently shut down Mobile Backup Services/Processes?

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 24

Hi :-)

How do I permanently shut-off the two Mobile Backup Services?

They turn on automatically and consume huge amounts of CPU usage??

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 18388

thunderhawk, open the Windows Services control panel (Start > run > services.msc) and then first stop the two mobile backup services then click on each in turn, select Properties, then change the startup type from Automatic to Disabled and click OK.

Forum Member

Thanks Steve :-)

These services turn on several times a day and together consume 98% CPU !!!

Forum Member

Did NOT do the trick Steve :-(

Both services ARE disabled in Windows Services Manager but they still keep turning on.

They are like cockroaches in my system.

I'm a hardcore gamer, among other things -- have to stop mid-game cuz they make games unplayable because they eat 98% CPU.

Two processes -- Mobile backup status and services.exe.[Mobile_Backup_server.exe ; Mobile_Backup_status.exe]

They are behaving like high priority processes cuz I use a process balancer to improve system responsiveness --  Process Lasso  -- and even set to Gaming Mode, they takeover my system. If they were not behaving as high priority, Process Lasso would restrain them.

They also make all other activities, writing, browsing, unworkable.

I can set Process Lasso to "Always Terminate" them, but then I may not be able to turn them back on if I decide to use them. Dunno cuz I have never had to do this with any other process ever.

In any event, such processes should not use so much CPU under any circumstances, particulalrly when they are not accomplishing anything.

I really don't need Acronis to be running at all unless I need it -- I do not do scheduled backups cuz I will not keep an external HDD connected to my PC, especially when online, cuz of Ransomeware Phobia. Keeping your backup drive connected to your PC at all times is an invitation for disaster.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8216

Are you doing any mobile backups?  If so, yeah, they may startup again.  

If not though, there's no reason those services should enable again if you've stopped them and set them to disabled  in computer managmeent.  I have them disabled and they stay disabled. 

Now, if /when you upgrade, reinstall, or repair Acronis, these services will get re-enabled and set to automatic.  But if you stop, set to disabled, SAVE the change and reboot, the service should stay disabled.

Services.exe has nothing to do with Acronis.  This will always run in Windows.

check out this thread post.  I have some stop/start services scripted.  Download the .txt files and rename them from .txt to .bat extensions.  Then you can right click and run as administrator to stop/disable or start/enable them.  The stop script is set to disable/stop nonstop backup and mobile services.  The start one, starts all, but those 3 services.  you can add "::" or remove "::" in front of any of the commands to make changes as you see fit.  Once you stop/disable though, it's set and forget. 

start_allacronisservices.txt
stop_allacronisservices.txt
**SERVICES NOTES SECTION**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mmsminisrv = Acronis Managed Machine Service Mini - communicates with Family Dashboard
afcdpsrv = Acronis Nonstop Backup Service - performs nonstop backup for partitons
ArcSch2Svc = Acronis Scheduler 2 Service - task scheduling for Acronis True Image
syncagentsrv = Acronis Sync Agent Service - performs synchronization
mobile_backup_server = Acronis Mobile Backup Server - mobile phone backup server service
mobile_backup_status_server = Acronis Mobile Backup Status Server - mobile phone status service
Forum Member

Hi bobbo :-)

I already thanked you for your solution in another thread on this page.

Nope-not using Mobile Backup.

Well,  I know they should not self-start after being Disabled in Windows Service Manager BUT THEY DO.

NB: services.exe was an error that I later corrected to "status.exe."

Forum Hero

Have you checked your startup programs and services as well?  In Windows 7, you do this under "msconfig" by searching and pressing enter.  Under the services tab, disable the services there too if they're listed.  Under the startup tab, check for anything related to the mobile services and stop those as well - leave the tib mount and scheduler service alone.

In Windows 10, it's all done from task manager now (ctrl+alt+del).  Make sure startup services and pass rellated to mobile sync are disabled there too.  If they're starting up on their own, I have no idea why.  I have 3 VM's, a deksop and laptop with these disabled and they stay that way. You should open up a technical support case and have Acronis see/verify this behavior if they are indeed starting up for no apparent reason once they've been disabled.  

Forum Member

I was successful in eliminating my issue by disabling "Scheduler" from Start-Up.

While this is not a granular solution that would be helpful for those who run scheduled backups, it's fine for me since I do not.

I am happy that I was able to resolve my issue in a way that is satisfactory to me. Acronis True Image 2017, is otherwise simply a far too valuable and easy to use solution that I would have hated to have had to uninstall it.

Forum Member
Comments: 79

Hello,

I am getting the same issue the two Mobile Backup Servers are consuming almost 100% CPU. In service.msc i cannot find these services (servers ??). How to stop theses ???

Thanks for any answer...

Forum Moderator
Comments: 4737

Hello Jean,

You should look for the following services and disable them (Note: you won't be able to back up your mobile devices to PC). 

mobile_services.PNG
If the issues still persists, please attach a couple of screenshots showing the CPU consuming processes and the list of Acronis services installed on the affected machine.

Thank you, 

Forum Member
Comments: 79

Many thanks Ekaterina,

Problem solved...

Forum Moderator

Great! You are welcome! 

Beginner
Comments: 1

Wait ... no one's asking the real question here? Why do I have ALL Acronis services disabled in Windows startup, yet this still runs? This is essentially spyware! Please register the option with Windows services to allow us to turn it off instead of sneaking it in there. Also, give us the options in OPTIONS like 99% of other high-budget apps do. Come on, mates... services 101.

Forum Moderator

Dylan Hunt wrote:

Wait ... no one's asking the real question here? Why do I have ALL Acronis services disabled in Windows startup, yet this still runs? This is essentially spyware! Please register the option with Windows services to allow us to turn it off instead of sneaking it in there. Also, give us the options in OPTIONS like 99% of other high-budget apps do. Come on, mates... services 101.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Dylan! I've passed it to the product management. Currently it's not planned to implement such an option for Mobile services.

Forum Hero

Dylan Hunt wrote:

Dylan,

Probably because this isn't happening on other systems.  Post a screenshot of the services from computer management and then click properties of each and screenshot them too.  I have them set to disabled and not to startup and they don't run. 

How are they sneaking in on your system / where do you see them running if you've done the same in computer management services?

Attachment Size
501957-168685.jpg 121.75 KB
501957-168686.jpg 134.79 KB