Skip to main content

option missing from the True Image 2017

Beginner
Comments: 3

hello 

iam new here and iam curently setting my backup

ive check all article and tutorial but i came with missing option (like compression level) also i wanted to know if it is possible to start the backup of multiple hard drive at the same time instead of a queue mode (on the same computer) (for external drive for exemple)

thank for  reply! :)

Forum Star
Comments: 1040

The compression level setting is found under Options on the Advanced tab when setting up the backup task. Click on Performance to select the desired level. You are only able to select the compression level when defining the backup initially.

Multiple backups at the same time are not possible with True Image.

In reply to by thomasjk

Beginner

ok thank! 

strange that i cant seem to access the compression in advance tabs even when setting the backup for the first time!?

Forum Hero
Comments: 5599
mvp

the option is only available during initial task creation.  Once the task has been run once the option becomes unavailable.

In reply to by Enchantech

Beginner

ok thank you... is there a way to "reset" that option? because i would like to completly deactivate compression...

Forum Hero
Comments: 9631
mvp

Claude, you would need to create a new backup task, or use the option to 'Clone settings' then alter the compression settings for the new cloned task before you attempt to run it for the first time.

In reply to by Steve Smith

Beginner

thank ill try that!