Skip to main content

The server {1EF75F33-893B-4E8F-9655-C3D602BA4897} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Forum Member
Comments: 34

Hi,

This error is related to ti_managers_proxy.dll. I get it at each boot about twenty times in a row.

Someone suggested to rename this DLL. Should I ?

Thanks.

Forum Hero
Comments: 9225
mvp

Samoreen, what build version of ATI 2017 are you running?  The latest build is #8058 and is what you should be using.  Also, this needs to be installed and run from an Administrator level user account to have the necessary privileges.

In reply to by Steve Smith

Forum Member

Hi Steve,

My copy of ATI 2017 is up-to-date and was installed from an admin account.

Forum Member

I have seen in other threads that a workaround is to rename the ti_managers_proxy.dll.

#1. Why is this file installed in the first place if it is useless ?

#2. I have 3 similar DLLs on my system :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\ti_managers_proxy_stub.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\ti_managers_proxy.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\x64\ti_managers_proxy_stub.dll

Which one?

#3 If anyone could explain what this COM component is supposed to do, I could decide whether it's safe to rename it. I'm a former developer and system engineer, so things can get technical. No problem.

Forum Member

OK. I didn't rename anything but since I suspected a registration problem, I manually re-registered the 3 DLLs mentioned above with Regsvr32. The problem appears to be solved.

This clearly indicates a problem with the ATI installer. This should have been done automatically during installation.

Wrong. The problem is back after a while. So my questions above are still valid.

Forum Hero
mvp

Patrick, please open a Support Case directly with Acronis for this problem - they are the code owners and designers, so could share more information with you if they want to about the purpose of these DLL's / COM component, plus are best placed to investigate this issue with you.

I would also suggest submitting Feedback via the GUI tool and including an Acronis System Report, which in turn will collect the Windows Event logs etc - then reference that feedback in your support case.

Forum Member

> Patrick, please open a Support Case directly with Acronis for this problem

OK. Before doing this, I'd like to check a few things. Could someone please look at this registry key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{1EF75F33-893B-4E8F-9655-C3D602BA4897}

and tell me the contents of the RunAs value ?

Thanks.

Regular Poster
Comments: 248

I'm running ATI 2018 on Windows 10 Pro... I do not have a RunAs value. All I see is:

(Default)                 REG_SZ       TIManagersProxy Class Application
DIISurrogate           REG_SZ

I still have ATI 2017 running on my wife's Windows 7 PC so I'll check that later. If I remember... I'm planning to update that one to 2018 today.

Forum Hero
mvp

Patrick, on my ATIH 2017 system running on Windows 10 64-bit I see the following for the registry key you asked about.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{1EF75F33-893B-4E8F-9655-C3D602BA4897}]
@="TIManagersProxy Class Application"
"DllSurrogate"=""

No RunAs value shown.

Forum Member

Thanks Steve.

No RunAS value means "Run as the launching user", if I'm correct. I changed this to RunAs <an_administrator_account> about 11 hours ago and the problem didn't re-appeared. So there's obviously a permission problem somewhere.

For the record : the error is not reported in the Application log of the Event Viewer but in the System log.

Well, if this error shows up again, I'll get in touch with the support.

Forum Hero
mvp

Patrick, hmm, interesting - shouldn't be necessary to have to modify this type of registry entry provided that the software was installed from an admin account, but hope the 'fix' sticks for you.

In reply to by Steve Smith

Forum Member

After 24 hours the error didn't re-appear.

In reply to by Samoreen

Beginner
Comments: 12

I confirm that the problem didn't re-appear after I made the change mentioned above.

Forum Hero
mvp

Patrick, thanks for confirming that your workaround was successful and has stuck!

Forum Member

FYI.

After upgrading to ATIH 2018, the RunAs key mentioned above was reset and the problem re-appeared. So I had to change again the identity of the user specified in that key.

In reply to by Samoreen

Forum Member

I changed this to RunAs <an_administrator_account> about 11 hours ago and the problem didn't re-appeared.

To be more accurate : I used DCOMCNFG against the TIManagersProxy Class Application component, opened its properties, selected the Identity tab, selected "This user" and entered the credentials of a system administrator instead of the "Launching user".