Skip to main content

Sync a folder not working.

Beginner
Comments: 10

I have just purchased ATI 2017 (for 3 p.c's) and installed on my two laptops.

I thought I would try the 'Sync' feature - pc to pc - but I keep getting the following error message:-

"There is a connection problem or an error on the server. Check your internet connection or try again later."

If I click on 'More details' link it returns:-

"More information about this error and solutions may be available online in the Acronis Knowledge Base.
To access the the online resource manually, enter the event code at: http://kb.acronis.com/errorcode/
Event code: 0x019203EA+0x01E7000A+0x01E70011+0x01E70007"

but the seach finds nothing!

I have tried several times over a period of hours, and I have tried running it from the other laptop with the same results.

My internet connection is working fine, so can someone explain why it's not working, please?

Legend
Comments: 15188

Graham, have you also purchased an Acronis Cloud subscription in order to use the Sync feature?

See the ATIH 2017 User Guide: About the Sync feature

The main highlights of the Sync feature:

• An Acronis Cloud subscription is required to use the Sync feature. Refer to Subscription information for details.
  • You can have the same data - documents, photos, videos, etc. - on all of your computers. Your data is within easy reach anywhere and anytime. No more emailing files to yourself or carrying an USB drive all the time.
  • You can create as many syncs as you need.
  • The Acronis Cloud keeps your synced files and versions of those files. This lets you roll back to a previous file version whenever you need it.
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Having just updated to ATI 2017 I've been given a month's trial of Acronis Cloud, so I thought I'd try the sync feature.

I have in fact fixed the the problem/issue by uninstalling and then re-installing ATI 2017, and I've tried a simple successful sync to Acronis Cloud.

I need to do the same [uninstall then re-install] on the other computer that is also showing the the same fault.

HOWEVER...before I do, I see that I have lost my scheduled backups that I created some time ago on an earlier version of 'ATI' after the re-install.  I didn't lose them when I carried out the initial upgrade from ATI 2016 to ATI 2017.

So, before I try correcting the issue on my other computer, is there a simple way of saving my existing backup schedules before I uninstall and then re-install, or can I only select the existing backup files to re-instate the schedule(s), which is(are) NOT an exact copy of ALL settings?  If not, I shall have to write down all the settings for my existing backup schedules beforehand, which seems a bit archaic!

Legend
Comments: 15188

Graham, you can save your backup configuration by saving the C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts folder contents - this has a separate .TIS file for each of your backup tasks.  These are XML text files and you can check which relates to which of your tasks by looking in the first few lines of the text file where the task name will be shown.

You will still lose you backup history when doing a clean install but Acronis will pick up the backup scripts and should be able to show when the last backup was created from the file dates in the backup location.

Beginner

Thanks Steve.

Just had a brainwave - it is for me - and recovered my *.TIS files from the backup I ran a couple of days ago before the upgrade.

I've now been able to check the settings I had before the upgrade.
Many thanks for the 'heads up' as to where the configuration files are located - very useful for future reference.

Am currently running a backup using ATI 2017 based on my old schedule.

Beginner
Comments: 2

I am having the same issue with ATI 2018 giving the "There is a connection problem or an error on the server. Check your internet connection or try again later."  message.

I am trying to sync between two local computers.  Do I need a cloud subscription to enable sync between two local computers?  

Beginner
Comments: 2

I just tried to sync a folder to the cloud and get this message even when trying to sync to the cloud: 

More information about this error and solutions may be available online in the Acronis Knowledge Base.
To access the online resource manually, enter the event code at: http://kb.acronis.com/errorcode/
Event code: 0x019203EA+0x01E7000A+0x01E70011+0x01E70007

but the knowledge base tells me:  There is no information about this error available now. You can use the links below to search for any additional information that might be available.

This is on Windows 10 Home. 

Forum Moderator
Comments: 3859

Hi! 
I'd recommend following instructions from https://kb.acronis.com/content/47168