Skip to main content

TrueImage.exe has stopped working

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

I just installed Trueimage 2017 a few times on Windows 10 trying to get it to run. The installation goes fine, However; I keep getting this windows error when I open the program. "Trueimage.exe has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 21996

Marty, have you had any previous versions of Acronis True Image installed on this computer before installing ATIH 2017?  If you have then please follow the steps below to make a clean install.

1. Uninstall your current Acronis software normally via the Control Panel.
  2. Download the Acronis Cleanup Tool - link in my signature below - run this as Administrator.
  3. Restart the computer to complete the cleanup action.
  4. Install ATIH 2017 as Administrator.  Download a new copy of the installer if needed from your Acronis account.
Frequent Poster
Comments: 560

Marty, if the issue persists after following Steve's instructions, consider opening a Support Ticket. A memory dump of TrueImage.exe and a system report will help us checking if it is one of the known issues that will be fixed in the upcoming update within several weeks or a new issue.

Regards,

Slava

Beginner
Comments: 1

I followed the above advice and now upon reboot windows won’t load. Now having to restore using startup repair

Legend
Comments: 21996

Daniel, welcome to these public User Forums.

If you have followed the steps given in post #1 above and have a problem with Windows not booting correctly, then it is likely that you have made an error when editing the Windows Registry when following step 5. for the Acronis Cleanup tool, where the following warnings were given in the associated KB document.

• (!) Do not delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} key.
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}, check for snapman*, tdrpman*, fltsrv, timounter strings and remove the strings from the UpperFilters and LowerFilters if they are present. (!) Do not delete the key!

Hopefully the Windows Startup Repair tool may be able to resolve the issue for you.