Skip to main content

Acronis failed to clone my hdd to my new ssd and it just keeps on bootlooping

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

Hi im just a new user of acronis so i don't know much about it, but the story starts when i put my new SSd to my laptop, the kinston has an instruction whereas i need to follow to clone my ssd since my laptop can't automatically detect my M.2Nvme SSd (cannot post the link of the instruction but its on kinston). I followed all the instruction and see it through the end, but after that im stuck at step 6 and now my laptop keeps on booting on the photo below, i tried clicking yes but it wont proceed further, i also tried clicking No but it just boots up and it keeps on proceeding to the photo below, same answer to when i click Cancel. How can i solve this? Does anyone have a solution for this? Do i need to reformat my laptop? 

Attachment Size
IMG_20201112_17290349.jpg 710.78 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 23402

Jassfer, welcome to these public User Forums.

See KB 2201: Support for OEM Versions of Acronis Products which applies to all OEM versions of ATI supplied with hardware purchases.

What actual process have you followed here?  Sorry but I have no idea of where to look for instructions from Kingston as have never used their version of ATI.

Did you make a full disk backup of the original drive before starting out with cloning?

What type of drive are you cloning from and what is the type of new drive you have?

What version of Windows OS does your laptop have?  Windows 10 or an earlier version?

Do you know how the laptop boots into Windows?  Is this a UEFI / GPT boot system, or a Legacy / MBR boot one?

If you are intending to use an NVMe M.2 SSD as the OS boot drive, then this requires that UEFI / GPT is used along with having Windows 10.

Please see KB 56634: Acronis True Image: how to clone a disk - and review the step by step guide given there.

Note: the first section of the above KB document directs laptop users to KB 2931: How to clone a laptop hard drive - and has the following paragraph:

It is recommended to put the new drive in the laptop first, and connect the old drive via USB. Otherwise you will may not be able to boot from the new cloned drive, as Acronis True Image will apply a bootability fix to the new disk and adjust the boot settings of the target drive to boot from USB. If the new disk is inside the laptop, the boot settings will be automatically adjusted to boot from internal disk. As such, hard disk bays cannot be used for target disks. For example, if you have a target hard disk (i.e. the new disk to which you clone, and from which you intend to boot the machine) in a bay, and not physically inside the laptop, the target hard disk will be unbootable after the cloning.

I would recommend creating the Windows PE version of the Acronis Rescue Media as described in the KB documents below. 
KB 60820: Acronis True Image 2018: how to create bootable media
KB 60091: Acronis True Image 2018: how Simple bootable media creation mode works

KB 59877: Acronis True Image: how to distinguish between UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot modes of Acronis Bootable Media

Note: If your laptop is stuck in a boot loop, then you will need to force it to power off by pressing & holding the power button.  Once it is powered off, I would recommend removing the new NVMe drive then check to see if the laptop will still boot correctly from the original OS drive.  You may need to check the BIOS boot settings are correct for booting from the original drive.

For UEFI boot systems, the BIOS boot device should be "Windows Boot Manager"
For Legacy boot systems, the BIOS boot device will be the drive make or model.