Skip to main content

After Clone Yellow Triangles in Device Manager

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 9

I'm down to my last issue. Cloned to SSD and now everything is working, but issues in Device Manager. It is showing yellow triangles against the CPU. Earlier I had a similar issue regarding the sound not working. Changed the register and got that working, based on what I found in the forum. Everything is working, just want to eliminate these triangles. Tried updating a resetting but still there. You can see from the attachments that there is an error 32. That is the same error I was getting regarding sound which was resolved. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachment Size
error code 32 pt1.JPG 38.55 KB
error code 32 pt4.JPG 34.38 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15704

John, welcome to these User Forums.

By rights a clone (from one drive to a second) should result in an identical duplicate for the second drive where the only real differences will be the drive itself and any new device drivers that may get installed by Windows when new hardware is detected during boot or operation.

This prompts the question as to why this isn't the case for you after using cloning?

How exactly did you perform the clone? 
How was the SSD connected in relation to the source drive being cloned?
Was the clone done from within Windows or was it done outside of Windows using the Acronis Rescue media?
Have you attempted to boot your computer with both source and target clone drives connected (not recommended)?

Forum Hero
Comments: 6996

Lifewire has an article on error code 32 which may be of help.  Look HERE

Forum Star
Comments: 1456

I've seen the yellow triangles for the CPUs in Device Manager before. I was able to fix it just by deleting the CPU entries in Device Manager and then rebooting to let Windows redetect the CPUs.

In reply to by Steve Smith

Beginner

I used a bootable Acronis 2018 USB and cloned the HDD with the SSD connected via USB. This was a Dell laptop which I had to take apart to reach the drive. No removable bay, making it a little difficult to change. So the clone SSD booted immediately with is one issue left.

In reply to by Mustang

Beginner

Tried that but still have the yellow triangles. I had an issue after cloning with the sound that had the same error 32. Found in another Acronis forum reference to adjusting the Register. This change cleared my sound issue. The system is working just see the triangles in Devise Manager. Thinking the Register may be at fault again. 

In reply to by Enchantech

Beginner

I saw that article and it mentions the Registry. Their last suggestion was to reinstall Windows. Don't want to do that. I had earlier fixed my sound issue when I came across "https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-snap-deploy-5/realtek-driver-isssue#comment-399145". This cleared my sound problem after I changed the Registry. There they mentioned that after some cloning this error has occurred. I suspect there is another error in the Registry which I hope to find. 

Regular Poster
Comments: 434

John, are you absolutely sure the Device Manager did not show these problems before the cloning?

Since you are running a Dell system, there can be proprietary drivers. You might try installing the Dell chipset drivers for you machine.

Also I found some references to similar sounding issues. It suggested scanning for drivers, but selecting "processor", not Intel. That worked for some.

In reply to by BrunoC

Beginner

I cleaned up the drive and looked at everything before cloning. I am sure I would have seen it. Again after I cloned that installed the new drive in the laptop there were three devices showing the yellow triangle. One cleared by itself with a reboot. The sound issue was cleared after I read in Acronis forum someone else having a sound issue after cloning. I followed their solution and adjusted the Registry and that problem went away. Just left with this last issue. Since the laptop is fully functioning, my quest is just curiosity. Thanks for your help.  

Beginner

Found another web site that talked about cloning and sound and CPU issues (https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/98160-cpu-audio-related-driver-issues-cloned-windows-10-ssd.html). In the last comment was the solution which worked (In case somebody runs into the same issue I've solved it - I used the manual way to install drivers and used "Processor" instead of "Intel Processor" which solved the CPU issue, then I could install the Audio Controller in the same way and from there the audio driver was able to be installed, a reboot and boom - the speakers boomed my song.). 

It worked and my yellow Triangles are finally gone. Thanks for everyone's comments and help.

Legend
Comments: 15704

John, thanks for sharing your solution for other users to see, it will be helpful for anyone seeing a similar program.

In reply to by John Rice

Regular Poster
Comments: 434

"I used the manual way to install drivers and used "Processor" instead of "Intel Processor" which solved the CPU issue..."

Yeah, that's what I found and was trying to say, although I'd seen it in reference to a code 52 (not 32) issue. Glad you also found it and it cleared up the problem.

Beginner
Comments: 1

John Rice wrote:

...I've solved it - I used the manual way to install drivers and used "Processor" instead of "Intel Processor" which solved the CPU issue,...

Hey John, I have the same issue while cloning an SSD onto a larger SSD for the same laptop. I solved the sound problem with the registry fix but the CPU still persists.

Could you please be a bit more detailed into what exactly you did for fixing the CPU triangles in device manager?

Thank you in advance

Beginner

Sulis K wrote:
John Rice wrote:

...I've solved it - I used the manual way to install drivers and used "Processor" instead of "Intel Processor" which solved the CPU issue,...

Hey John, I have the same issue while cloning an SSD onto a larger SSD for the same laptop. I solved the sound problem with the registry fix but the CPU still persists.

Could you please be a bit more detailed into what exactly you did for fixing the CPU triangles in device manager?

Thank you in advance

I’ll try to help. I was replacing the HDD for a SSD on my wife’s laptop. What I remember was in Device Manager “Processor” was listed but the yellow triangle was against “Intel Processor”. I read the procedure on https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/98160-cpu-audio-related-driver-issues-cloned-windows-10-ssd.html bottom of first page. By updating driver under just the “Processor” did the trick. This was the information I was looking for. Yellow triangles were gone.

Beginner

I’ll try to help. I was replacing the HDD for a SSD on my wife’s laptop. What I remember was in Device Manager “Processor” was listed but the yellow triangle was against “Intel Processor”.  I read the procedure on https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/98160-cpu-audio-related-driver-issues-cloned-windows-10-ssd.html bottom of first page. By updating driver under just the “Processor” did the trick. This was the information I was looking for. Yellow triangles were gone.

Beginner

I’ll try to help. I was replacing the HDD for a SSD on my wife’s laptop. What I remember was in Device Manager “Processor” was listed but the yellow triangle was against “Intel Processor”. I read the procedure on https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/98160-cpu-audio-related-driver-issues-cloned-windows-10-ssd.html bottom of first page. By updating driver under just the “Processor” did the trick. This was the information I was looking for. Yellow triangles were gone.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Same issue here. Using Acronis True image 2018. Perform a full backup ( tried in OS, and using Linux bootable ). 

Windows 10 Professional

For testing, I performed a Restore of the image on the exact same SSD ( also tried MBR and GPT (UEFI) / also tried SSD on SATA and nvme pcie using an adapter card), and hardware. EXACT, no other changes whatsoever.  

Restores just fine and able to boot into windows. Issue is  that I do not have any network connectivity. Looking in Device Manager, I see Yellow exclamation marks on all CPU's and the Intel 82579 Gigabit.
This is running on a Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3, running on the latest BIOS, and latest drivers for all HW components. 
The way I fixed it was to just update the driver, go through the wizard and just select the same drivers that are in use. Everything seems to work fine after that. 

I'm not interested in how to fix this issue after restoring an image. Can you imagine having this issue on 10's or 100's of PC's. ?  There is an issue in Acronis True image 2018. I was going to upgrade to 2019, until I noticed it was not free for me, it appears that I purchased 2018 too long ago. So I'm not going to spend another penny on Acronis products until this issue is confirmed resolved. 

BTW - I also tried the older MBR 

Thanks,
Matt

Forum Hero
Comments: 7169

I think the issue is identified now and been reported - UR is being applied in some instances when doing a clone. 

Neither Mustang, nor I have been able to replicate on Windows 10, nor when doing a regular backup and recovery.  However, when cloning, it is easy to replicate on Windows 7 machines that Universal Restore is automatically being run and messing with drivers afterwards, particularly when the clone is to a drive on a different controller and using WinPE rescue media.  Are those having issues using WinPE or the default Linux rescue media? Check out the threads below.

--------------

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2019-forum/restore-workstation#comment-490650

https://forum.acronis.com/comment/489983#comment-489983

Forum Moderator
Comments: 4044

Hello Everyone,

We want to investigate the issue with broken drivers after recovery/cloning with Acronis Universal Restore and need your help with getting the diagnostic information from the affected machines. If you observe the same behavior (drivers are broken after using Acronis Universal Restore), please send us the following information:

- Acronis system report before applying Acronis Universal Restore and after
- a couple of screenshots from the Device manager that illustrate issue with drivers

Send me a private message or just comment in this thread and I'll provide a link for upload. 

If you already have an open support ticket for this issue, please share the ticket ID. 

Thank you in advance for cooperation! 

Forum Hero
Comments: 7169

Ekaterina wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We want to investigate the issue with broken drivers after recovery/cloning with Acronis Universal Restore and need your help with getting the diagnostic information from the affected machines. If you observe the same behavior (drivers are broken after using Acronis Universal Restore), please send us the following information:

- Acronis system report before applying Acronis Universal Restore and after
- a couple of screenshots from the Device manager that illustrate issue with drivers

Send me a private message or just comment in this thread and I'll provide a link for upload. 

If you already have an open support ticket for this issue, please share the ticket ID. 

Thank you in advance for cooperation! 

Ekaterina, I'll see if I can find a system where this occurs.  In past experience, it was dedicated video (AMD and NVIDIA) and sound cards (Realtek) were also installed.  The graphics would often revert to an older driver version and device manager would show the yellow triangle as "failed to start".  The same would also occur on the Realtek audio, where it would "fail" to start and the fix was to apply a manual registry setting and/or or completely remove the driver and reinstall (often though, the registry fix was also required).

01) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\controlSet001\Services\HDAudBus

Modify REG_DWORD "Start" and set it to 3

Go back into computer management >>> device manager and uninstall the "high defintion audio controller"

Scan for hardware changes and it should pick up the generic driver and audio should work again.