Skip to main content

Persistent BackUp Error when using pCloud local disk

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 5

1. I have been backing up to local NAS - it has now died so I moved to pCloud where I have an account.
  2. Every time I try to run a backup (reconfigured) I get 31418: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, Acronis Cyber Backup: Backup Fails with ''Not enough space to create a volume snapshot on the volume where the snapshot storage is located"
  3. I have 500GB on the pCloud Drive and my local C:\ drive is about 2/3 full.  I also have an attached USB drive which is about 1/4 full.

I have checked everything and cannot see where I have gone wrong.

Using win10 Pro on an HP Prodesk

Has anyone had experience with pCloud or any other cloud-based storage - I need someone to point me in correct direction to try to resolve this.  I believe I have sufficient bandwidth but I have also put the question to my ISP and to Tech Support at pCloud

Thanks Jean

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 23402

Jean, as mentioned in your other topic raised about Shadow Copy Service / VSS - ATI does not support creating backups to any other cloud based storage other than its own Acronis Cloud.

You can backup to any local disk drives (internal, external or network drives / NAS) but not to remote drives other than by using FTP.

Beginner
Comments: 3

Ah I’ve just seen this second message.  Thanks - I was so exasperated that I left my machine with some local gurus - I will have to inform them and then cancel pCloud and take a sub with Acronis...

Mind you I find this rather mean!

Jean

Legend
Comments: 23402

Jean, you are not alone in wanting to use other cloud services as other users have raised similar questions about such options but Acronis are sticking to supporting only their own cloud service.

The only option would be to store your Acronis backups in a local drive or folder then copy the files to your cloud mapped drive without having any automatic upload option enabled until all files are present and ensuring that ATI is not active when any synchronisation to pCloud was attempted.

An alternative option, provided all files are retained locally as well as being uploaded to pCloud, would be to make local backups of the source folder for such files knowing that this also is protected by being in the cloud.
Note: ATI cannot backup files that are stored only in the cloud location and only exist as reparse points locally, i.e. as used by OneDrive with Files on Demand enabled.

Keep an eye on any Black Friday / Cyber Monday discounts for Acronis Cloud subscriptions if looking at this.

Beginner
Comments: 3

I don't if anyone is still looking at this but if you are the solution is to stop the "Volume Shadow Copy" service.  At least it seems to work but I haven't tested it fully.  Jean