Skip to main content

System report tool does not terminate

Forum Member
Comments: 36

Hi,

Per request of the support I have launched the System Report tool in ATIH 2018, more than 1 hour ago. Still running, CPU loaded at 20%. Should I insist or cancel ?

Forum Member

If I run the tool directly from the start menu, I don't even get a window showing the program. The process is running, consuming 20% of the CPU capacity and doing nothing (no disk output). Probably an endless loop in the code.

Forum Member

OK. The loop consists in trying to connect to every device detected on my local network and when the last one has been reached, starting again with the first one. Never ending loop...

Forum Hero
Comments: 9939
mvp

Patrick, the Acronis System Report tool can take some time to run and defaults to running in the background, but should present a message to say that the report .zip file has been created and giving the location for the zip file.

I have not known it to go into a loop on the various occasions that I have run the tool.  If you think that it is taking too long browsing your local network, then a simple solution would be to put the computer into flight mode or disable the network adapter for a short time.

Forum Member

Hi Steve,

Well, I guess that 2 hours and still unfinished is definitely too long :-) . No flight mode on this desktop PC and I also tried to disconnect the network and to disable the network adapter. As mentioned above, this doesn't stop the loop : the program tries indefinitely to connect to the only device it can see : my PC.

I downloaded https://kb.acronis.com/system/files/content/2015/12/2707/systeminfo_true_image.exe and this one worked normally. The report was generated within a few minutes.

So it seems that there's something wrong with the new report generator.

Forum Hero
mvp

Just ran an ATI 2018 System Report (using run as Administrator) on my computer and it finished in under 4 minutes with the report location message.  Are you running this from an Admin level account?

Forum Member

> Are you running this from an Admin level account?

Yes.

Forum Hero
mvp

Patrick, I suspect this will need another Support Case with Acronis if you can reproduce this issue consistently when running the tool as installed.