Skip to main content

.tib Folder Backup is Empty (1kb)

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 4

Acronis 2021 Build 39216

The full backup of my PDF files folder C:\Users\jburt\Documents\PDF creates this backup file: PDF_full_b1_s1_v1.tib, that is only 1kb in size . When I double click to open it there is just a C drive icon and no subfolder for the PDF folder and the message: "This folder is empty".

This happens the same way for any folder I tried.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

image 397

Attachment Size
Acronis Log File 05.30.21.jpg 599.5 KB
1 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 25331

Have you confirmed that there are PDF files in the selected folder and that this folder isn't being redirected to another location via a symbolic link?

Beginner

Yes there are real PDF files. Acronis, prior to backup, acknowledged 92.6mb of data for backup. I tried the same backup using EaseUS and the backup went perfectly and I was able to double click on the backup file to open and found all the files that came from the original on my SSD.

BTW I have used Acronis C drive backup to recover my C drive PC in the recent past and it reconstituted my original WIN 10 C drive  perfectly.

Legend
Comments: 25331

I setup a test backup on a spare system using ATI 2021 #39216 and backing up a folder of PDF documents from C:\Users\Smiths\Documents\PDF and the task initially failed due to access issues to the Documents parent folder.  I had been testing Windows Controlled Folder access on that system previously so the folder & sub-folders had encrypt in the Advanced Properties.

I removed the encryption and the backup ran correctly / successfully whereas the initial run showed zero bytes backed up!

The image below shows the Activity page for the test task.

Beginner

1. My Win 10 version does not have encryption capability (Windows 10 Home, Ver 21H1, OS build 19043.985.

2. Nothing so far explains why EaseUS can do the folder backup but Acronis cannot.

Still hoping for a solution... from anyone?

JB

Beginner

I did a totalhard drive backup which included the document folder that I was not able to copy as stand alone backups as I reported above. Thinking the problem somehow resolved itself, I tried to again do a backup of just the document folder and it failed again, yielding a 1kb file with no data. I give up. :Will report as a bug to Acronis.