Skip to main content

ti_managers_proxy.dll issue still present in ATIH 2018 - suggested fix is a joke

Beginner
Comments: 12

Hi,

The following message still appears multiple times in the Event Viewer :

The server {1EF75F33-893B-4E8F-9655-C3D602BA4897} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Since years, the suggested fix for this issue has been : rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\ti_managers_proxy.dll to anything you want (e.g. add the .old extension). This might suppress the messages in the Event Viewer but this just doesn't make sense. This DLL contains multiple COM components that are declared in the registry : SyncManager Class, VersionsFinder Class, ConsoleInfo Class and FeatureManager Class.

If the DLL is renamed, these components can no longer be invoked from a COM client. I repeat  : these components just can't be used. So either these components are useless and the question is "why are they installed in the first place ?" OR they are needed and the question is "why are these components failing to load as indicated by the Event Viewer message ?".

Which one ?

Legend
Comments: 10040
mvp

Patrick, I can understand your frustration with this long running issue but none of the users in these forums have any ability to resolve this.

Please submit a Support Case direct with Acronis for this and any other issues that you are seeing in the Windows Event Logs that are being generated by ATI.  If you don't feel that you are making any progress in getting any real attention to these issues, then please PM one of the key Acronis people who can drive this forward, i.e. Gaidar - General Manager for ATI

In reply to by Steve Smith

Forum Member
Comments: 36

Steve,

I already opened an incident about this issue. I just wanted to discuss this topic because any developer, system engineer or system administrator should obviously react to the answers that have been made until now about this problem. The "rename" fix is absurd. So I'd like to share opinions about this.

Forum Hero
Comments: 5677
mvp

I agree that renaming the ti_managers_proxy.dll file is not an appropriate fix.  The issue has a long history for sure but I question if this current report of this error in Windows event logs is related to earlier problems.  I suspect it is a new problem, some conflict that is now appearing in the new version.

There have been reported issues with some USB connections with this version, in the past some users worked around this error by making sure that USB connections remained connected each computing session.  It may be worth a try if this rings a bell with you to experiment with this and see if it has any effect.

In reply to by Enchantech

Forum Member
Comments: 36

Thanks Enchantech,

All the USB devices that I'm using all the time remain permanently connected. Those that are not always connected (graphics tablet, card reader, external disk drive,...) are never connected while installing/updating software or updating the OS. But well, I'll have a look.

Forum Hero
Comments: 5677
mvp

Just making an educated guess with my suggestion based on other reports and the fact that DCOM errors have been a big Windows error problem for years.  If you upgraded True Image from a previous version you might try a complete uninstall, run the cleanup tool, then clean install True Image again.  A lot of DCOM/dll errors can be fixed by re-installation.  I would recommend that if you choose this path that you restart the machine after cleanup prior to clean install.