Skip to main content

Unable to add existing backups

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 8

Been using TI2018 for quite a while, but only for backups, never had to restore. Now I need to but am unable to add existing backups. I have numerous ones, all *.tib, on different drives and am unable to add any of them, even the one I made yesterday. I don't get any error messages just nothing happens. Tried the cleanup tool and no different. Any suggestions? All are full backups.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 18082

What exact steps are you following here?

To add any existing backup there are some factors to be considered.

1. There should not be an existing backup task for the same backup file, i.e. that created the file, even if the file is in a different location.
  2. There should not be an existing backup task which has the same name used for the file being added.
  3. You only need to add the most recent file for the backup chain to be added.  ATI will take care of all other files belonging to the same version chain.

Providing you exclude the above factors, then you should be able to add any .tib file to the ATI GUI task listing.

Note: to add an existing backup - look to the right of the 'Add backup' option at the bottom of the main panel in the GUI, expand the caret to reveal the option to 'Add existing backup' then navigate to the location of the file to be added and select the most recent file.

Beginner

Note: to add an existing backup - look to the right of the 'Add backup' option at the bottom of the main panel in the GUI, expand the caret to reveal the option to 'Add existing backup' then navigate to the location of the file to be added and select the most recent file.

I've done that. I've also attached a screenshot. One of the .tib files I'm trying to use begins with MFull09112018. When I click on it to add it using the "add existing backup" nothing happens, but I did get a deleted .tib file CFull09252018 from 2018 show up that's not visible on the backup drive! My point is that I can't add an existing backup, but it's adding a deleted backup on it's own. I scanned the drive for errors and found none.

Attachment Size
515010-173070.JPG 257.73 KB
Legend

How have you been deleting your .tib files?

If you have been doing this from Explorer then it leaves information behind in the internal Acronis database that can cause the type of issues you have mentioned (an old deleted file from 2018 showing in the GUI).

You may be best advised to try forcing a rebuild of the database as per KB 60915: Acronis True Image: repairing program settings

Beginner

Tried a rebuild, worked yes and no. It would allow me to add backups up to 3, and then when I try to add more it removes 1 without adding another so back to 2 only. These are full backups and were verified when created (from different physical drives). Can the program be uninstalled completely and reinstalled? I keep the physical backups and just delete the notation in the backup list.

Legend

What are the names of your backup .tib files you are trying to add here?

Were they all created using the same name?

Have the backup files been renamed?

The KB document referenced earlier (60915) has details of uninstalling / reinstalling if needed.

Beginner

They have not been renamed. All my backup use the drive letter, date of the backup, and the word "full" so I know it's a full backup, such as C09282019Full.tib

I will check the article again to reinstall.