Skip to main content

ACRONIS 2019, "Scheduler Service not running" pop up & more.

Thread solved
Forum Member
Comments: 36

Hi guys 'n' gals,

I've checked the forum & tried all the suggestions but none worked.

I have my options set to One Full then Two Incrementals then remove the earlier back-ups after 10 days.

This is done on a weekly basis.

I've seen the threads that others have posted re; this same issue.

I've done a repair....Nil result seen. Same error message at PC start-up.

I've also tried a full re-install....Nil result seen. Same error message at PC start-up.

Yesterday's scheduled back-up started at the allotted time but stopped at 94% & would not complete

the Validation.

Today, when I started the PC & opened ACRONIS, it decided to remove the 

first FULL back-up from the external drive before I could perform the VALIDATION.

I am now left with 2 OLDER (#13) Incrementals & 1 NEW (#14) FULL version.

Naturally, it now errors out with a "Cannot find version one." (Ref; to version #13 FULL.)

I have now un-installed ACRONIS 2019....Re-installed it & reset all my prefs.

(I also D/L'd a "new version 17750" from My Account....just in case my old one was corrupt.)

It is now in the process of doing a new back-up.

Will see which number it allocates to this back-up.

(Why is it that you cannot "Leave the page" without losing your options when you 1st set it up?)

I did not really want another back-up at this time.

Well then...It seems as though the "new" install has forgotten all about the v13 & v14 back-ups

& started out fresh with #1, FULL.

This never happened with any of the old/er versions of ACRONIS TI. :)

Thank you.

Regards,

Rajah..

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 17146

Rajah, welcome back...

Sorry but difficult to say why you have been seeing these various errors and can only make some obvious suggestions as to going forward.

Open a Support Case direct with Acronis and send them a Sytem Report showing the logs of the issues mentioned.  This assumes that when you have done any repair / reinstall that you have not used the cleanup tool to remove all old log files etc.

If not doing the above, then I would suggest trying making a clean start altogether while keeping hold of your current backup files.

To do a clean start, first uninstall normally then download / run the cleanup tool as Administrator (omitting the registry changes) then restart the computer before doing a fresh install of ATI 2019 build 17750 and setting up your backup task(s) again.  Link to the cleanup tool below.

The other suggestions would involve insuring that ATI is whitelisted to any security applications you may have installed, i.e. antivirus etc.

Forum Member

Hello Steve.

Thanks for the welcome back.

re; your suggestion...

Open a Support Case direct with Acronis and send them a System Report showing the logs of the issues mentioned.  This assumes that when you have done any repair / reinstall that you have not used the cleanup tool to remove all old log files etc.

ACRONIS has removed all the log files.

Can't find any.

--------------------

I'll keep both the 2 incrementals & the 1 Full ones......JIC.

--------------------

Yep.

I've already done the clean un/re-install & she's in the process of creating a back-up....now.

As I mentioned, it's forgotten about the "earlier/older" versions & started back at version ONE, FULL.

-------------------

I've checked AVAST's lists again & made sure that ACRONIS is white listed.

It was before. :)

--------------------

Will see what transpires after she completes this back-up.

I now have just version ONE = FULL back-up, plus the 3 old/er left-overs.

I'll let you know how she goes when I re-start the PC.

Ta muchly.

Regards, Rajah..

Forum Member

Update...

Well, as of today, after 2 cold boots, (yesterday & today), the pop-up for the "Scheduled Service not running"

message has not appeared.

Seems as though, this time, the un/re-install finally worked correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions Steve.

Regards, Rajah..

ps. Any ideas on why, when I went to un-install ACRONIS using Window's Un-install function, I did not see the option to either "Repair" or "Un-install", just the "Un-install" option?

Maybe a corrupt file causing all the errors.....somewhere?

Legend
Comments: 17146

ps. Any ideas on why, when I went to un-install ACRONIS using Window's Un-install function, I did not see the option to either "Repair" or "Un-install", just the "Un-install" option?

Maybe a corrupt file causing all the errors.....somewhere?

The Repair option is only shown when you elect to re-install ATI over the top of existing software, otherwise you will only get uninstall from Windows Programs & Features panel.

Hope the scheduler issue remains resolved for you!

Forum Member

Many thanks, Steve.

So far......so good. :)

Regards, Rajah..