Skip to main content

Acronis Bootable Media Doesn't Detect Synology NAS connected via Router RT-AC86U

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

Acronis Bootable Media Doesn't Detect Synology NAS connected via Router RT-AC86U

When booting up my MacBook Pro using the bootable media Acronis when it searches for NAS it fails to detect my Synology NAS on which my Back up is stored... Lucky I was able to save a copy of my backup on the Acronis bootable media otherwise I would have not been able to restore my system. However what is the fix please?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 22353

Trevor, welcome to these public User Forums.

Caveat: I am a Windows user with no direct experience of using ATI on any Mac.

It is not unusual for NAS / network drives to not show up directly in the ATI rescue media but provided you have a valid network connection, i.e. your network adapter has been detected correctly and an IP address allocated on your network, then you should be able to connect to the NAS by using either the \\UNC name or else \\IP address notation.

See KB 57992: Acronis True Image: NAS Is Not Detected - this is aimed at Windows users but gives examples of doing the above which may be helpful.

Forum Star
Comments: 3903

I used a RT-AC86U* for many years with my Synology NAS with Windows (not a MAC) and the NAS have rarely showed up under NAS but is always listed under Network. 

Ian

* I now use a RT-AX3000 router, with the older RT-AC86U now used as mesh wifi network. The same happens with both routers.