Skip to main content

Acronis TI 2019 Startup recovery deactivates itself

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 3

Anybody else had this issue? I activate this, check that it is activated and then frequently find that it has deactivated.

0 Users found this helpful
Acronis Support
Comments: 489

Dear Robert Derrington,
Thank you for your posting. Welcome to Acronis forums!
First of all, we would recommend to double check prerequisites from the documentation: Acronis Startup Recovery Manager – Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

Also, we would suggest to check this article: https://kb.acronis.com/content/7633
Have you restored the system disk recently or resized partitions?

You can also try to turn it on through bootable media https://kb.acronis.com/content/46505

If it does not help we recommend to install trial version of the latest update of the product: Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office, you can contact our support with it.

Legend
Comments: 28569

Robert, there have been very few issues reported in the forums regarding ASRM and I have not used it personally for some years as it can lead to false confidence in being able to recover, i.e. if you suffer a total OS disk failure, then ASRM is lost also as is on the same disk, plus given that ASRM uses Linux as the boot environment, it has a number of known limitations with newer hardware options such as NVMe, BitLocker encryption etc.

I would recommend creating the 'Simple' version of Acronis rescue media (on USB or DVD) and using this rather than relying on using ASRM.

KB 58006: Acronis software: NVMe drives in RAID mode are not detected by Linux-based bootable media and Acronis startup recovery manager

KB 46250: Acronis Linux-based Bootable Media: Troubleshooting USB HID Devices Detection Issues

KB 45330: Acronis Bootable Media Does Not Detect HDD, RAID or NIC

KB 45331: Acronis Bootable Media(Linux-based): Troubleshooting NIC Detection

KB 59947: Acronis True Image Linux-based bootable media boots into black screen after selecting any option in the option menu