Acronis True Image 2019 - repeated fail on scheduled incremental backups, but afterwards, they complete successfully when run manually with "Backup now"
After replacing a failing HD with a new SSD and then installing ATI 2019 (I could not activate 2020 as already posted) and setting up my backup plan, I manually ran the base and then checked the destination and saw that the default TIB file name had spaces in it. I do not like spaces in file or directory names!
I then did the following:
- Deleted the old base with: This computer -> Name with spaces -> Clean up versions... -> check Full
- Renamed with: This computer -> Name with spaces -> to remove the spaces and replace them with "_"
- Saved the changes to the backup plan with Backup -> Options -> Backup scheme -> Ok -> Save. I have done this a few times now.
- Manually ran the base with: Backup now
- Checked the destination and then saw that the TIB file name now had "_" in it.
Since then, the next 2 scheduled incrementals have failed. They complete successfully when run manually with "Backup now". After the 2nd time that this has happened, I concluded that something is broken.
I have uploaded a screen snip of the error message and a folder listing after the incrementals were successfully created manually.
How do I fix this problem?
Senior GIS Analyst - Semi-retired and loving it!
Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop, i5-4660, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Seagate ST1000M003-1ER162 HD * 2, Windows 10
Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop, i3-5005u, 8 GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD, Windows 10
Seagate Expansion 2 TB, Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2 TB, Seagate Backup Plus 5 TB