Skip to main content

Acronis True Image on Synology DS218+

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

Unfortunately, I cannot install Acronis True Image on my Synology DS218+.
Can anyone help me how to install this good software on my NAS?I would like to back up my family's mobile phones to the NAS.
Thank you in advance.

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 8127

Frank,

The main Acronis installers are for PC and backups run off the PC to a selected destination, like a NAS. 

In this case, the device plugins for certain NAS devices are generally developed by the NAS manufacturer or whomever they get that application and/or the application support from.  There isn't really any support from Acronis (that I'm aware of).  You might try opening a technical support case with either Synology or Acronis directly though.

I don't believe the NAS application really works as we (customers / users) would want it to (I'd love a NAS applicaiton that I could use to backup my computers directly on my WD).  I don't have a Synology and/orthe NAS mobile app to test with. 

Check out Synology's website:  

https://www.synology.com/en-us/dsm/packages/AcronisTrueImage

Beginner

Bobbo,

thank you very much for the information.
I was already in direct contact with Synology.
For certain NAS like the DS218J it is possible to install Acronis as APP. There are also other Synology models. Why Acronis supports some models and others not, nobody could answer me yet. According to Synology information, it is not Synology's responsibility. On the contrary, they want a deeper penetration of Acronis in all models.

Legend
Comments: 17565

Frank, the only package available for the Synology 18 range is for the DS218j, so if yours is not that exact model, it will not install.

I have the same issue that my DS215j is not listed in the list of Applied models.

Forum Star
Comments: 2914

Steve Smith wrote:

I have the same issue that my DS215j is not listed in the list of Applied models.

Like Steve my Synology NAS is not supported. Support depends on the type of processor used by the NAS.

Ian 

Frequent Poster
Comments: 845

Unfortunately, I cannot install Acronis True Image on my Synology DS218+.
Can anyone help me how to install this good software on my NAS?I would like to back up my family's mobile phones to the NAS.

I have a DS218, not a DS218+, but I think what I say here applies anyway.  It would be nice to have something such as ATI to do what you want but since that is not an option you might want to look at other Synology tools that might serve your needs.  I know they support rsync but I got lost trying to get it to work.  They also support wget and I successfully use it to copy data from other (non-Synology) NAS devices to my DS218.  It certainly doesn't have all the capability of ATI, but it gets the job done. 

Beginner

Hello, Steve, Ian and Patrick,

I thank you already once for the information and your experience.
It remains a mystery to me why Acronis is not expanding this business with the various NAS systems.

Many greetings
Frank