Skip to main content

ATI 2018 not seeing my M.2 SSD RAID to clone.

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

Hello, 

I wanted to clone my M.2 SSD and move it over to a regular SSD (I know, a bit counter-intuitive). When I boot to Acronis, it does not see my M.2 SSD at all to clone from. I am not sure why this is happening, because on my other device (same build) it sees my M.2 SSD. 

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Moderator
Comments: 4331

Hello John,

welcome to Acronis forums! Check out Acronis software:M.2 and NVMe drives are not detected by Linux-based bootable media

Let me know if this was helpful. 

Forum Hero
Comments: 7024

John,

You would need to create WinRE media so that your M.2 drive will be available for Cloning.

Beginner

Ekaterina wrote:

Hello John,

welcome to Acronis forums! Check out Acronis software:M.2 and NVMe drives are not detected by Linux-based bootable media

Let me know if this was helpful. 

I have checked the BIOS and it the RAID was disabled and it did not work. I will have to try out Enchantech's method.

Beginner

Enchantech wrote:

John,

You would need to create WinRE media so that your M.2 drive will be available for Cloning.

How would I go about doing this? Is WinPE the same?  

Forum Hero
Comments: 7024

Using the True Image Media Builder tool choose the Simple method.  You will allow you to create a WinRE based media to either CD or USB flash drive.  It will pull most of your system drivers into the media creation process and should add the necessary drivers for your M.2 RAID.  If you have disabled RAID in the bios you should enable it again before booting the created media.

I would also suggest that rather than Clone you should use the WinRe media to perform a Full disk backup of your M.2 RAID then use that backup file to restore to the new drive.