Skip to main content

Can not upgrade my product Acronis True Image 2018 to Acronis True Image 2019

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 6

Hi,

i bought Acronis True Image 2019 upgrade and  when i try to install on my Acronis 2018,

Upgrade failed always.

Could you help me ?

Regards,

Gilles

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 7033

Gilles, did you grab the 2019 download from your account product page? I would get it from there. Delete anything in your TEMP directory, reboot and then, even if logged in with an admin account, make sure to right-click the installer and select the option to "run as administrator."

Without more details on what you've attempted or the specific error, it's hard to tell what's going on. That should give you a starting point to try for now though.

Legend
Comments: 15452

Gilles, what error messages do you get when you try to do the upgrade to ATI 2019?

Are you doing the upgrade while signed in with an Administrator account?

See KB 46710: Acronis True Image: Installation Fails in Windows - for common issues.

Beginner

Hi

Bobbo_3C0X1, i did all

Steve Smith, Update Failed just that. i did as Admin

Regards,

Forum Hero

Repeat question... What is the error? That would be helpful.

If nothing else is working, I'd disable AV temporarily and try again.  Or, run the full cleanup tool with run as admin, reboot and try install again. Cleanup is in mine and Steve's signatures.

Beginner

Hi,

Attachement files

I did all also

Attachment Size
488851-163978.jpg 19.92 KB
488851-163979.jpg 60.14 KB
Forum Hero

It looks like it's having trouble removing components of an older version. This could be from remnants, especially if 2015 or earlier was ever on the system and not fully removed before upgrading.

I'd run the cleanup tool to remove all traces, reboot and try to install 2019 fresh. You can save your config files, first, in the advanced tab, but will still need to recreate new backup tasks or import the existing ones and re-pick the source and destination on those after you've run the cleanup tool, rebooted and tried to install 2019 fresh , remembering to right click the installer and "run as administrator". Do the same for the clean tool too.

Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded and ran clenup tool 2.0.

I reinstalled.

Resolved... :)

Regards all,

Gilles

Forum Hero

Awesome! Glad it worked out!