Skip to main content

Cannot access accessible NAS share

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 4

I am using the latest version of Acronis True Image 2019 under Windows 11 and a Synology NAS with shared folders, accessed via SMB.

When I start a backup, ATI says, that it cannot write to the shared folder.

• The same task does run without errors on another NAS.
  • The user credentials are correct, ATI verifies them in the connection details.
  • The shared folder is accessible and used without problems by many other apps and users.

Does anybody have an idea, how I could find the root cause for this weird behaviour?

The NAS has two ethernet ports combined to one virtual ethernet port; could this cause any problems?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 26714

Vince, the issue here may be the use of the shared folder, especially if this is shared in Windows on the same PC using the same credentials that you are trying to use with Acronis.

Only one set of credentials can be active at any time.

I have a dedicated user configured on my own Synology NAS that is only ever used by Acronis for backups.  I don't map any Windows shares to my NAS and if I want to access the remote location to check contents, then I do this via the ATI GUI using the option on my backup tasks to 'Open location' which again uses the dedicated credentials.

Beginner

Thank you for your reply!

• The shared folder is not shared or used in Windows.
  • The credentials for the Windows user account and for the shared folder are different.
  • ATI itself says "your connection is verified".

It might be an idea to create a specific Acronis user, I will give that a try, although with low hope. ;)

Beginner

I just tried a backup with a dedicated user for Acronis. Unfortunately the backup failed like the original one. 

Legend

Were you trying with a new backup task or with an existing task where you modified the credentials?

Beginner

I changed the NAS folder in my existing task. Your comment gave me the right spin in my thoughts: I just created a "brand new" backup configuration and it works like charm. Who knows, where in the configuration hints towards the old NAS were stored ... thank you!

Legend

Glad all is now working again for you!