Skip to main content

cleaning up ... less than 1 minute

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 22

I do regular backups, to Disk and Cloud using Acronis True Image 2019 (Build 14690) on two identical Dell PC’s (Win10).  Cloud backup is scheduled daily at 1:00 am.  We have 1.4TB free (of 2TB).

The cloud backup appears to work fine but, at the end, it hangs with the message “cleaning-up ... 1 minute remaining” for a very long time (a few hours).  For example, it cites that the last backup was 8:53 am (completed?), and at 11:45 am (3 hours later), it says “cleaning up ... less than 1 minute.”  At 4 hours, it had completed cleaning up and is back to normal and ready for next backup.

Although this eventually clears after a few hours, it does delay the next scheduled backups meaning that, effectively, I am not getting the scheduled disk backups, and while in this mode, no file recoveries or investigation of the problem can be done.

My desktop cloud settings (Options) are to store no more than 2 versions.  I do not delete any old versions.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 17679

Please see forum topic: Acronis Cloud backup long cleanup times - that I opened 4 days ago but didn't get any responses for, but looks to me to be the same issue, though your cleanup times are much longer than those I am seeing!

I would suspect that your Cloud cleanup settings are responsible in part here, given you have changed from the default of storing no more than 20 versions to keeping only 2, whereas I am using the default settings IIRC.

Forum Member
Comments: 22

Thank you Steve.  We have had this setting ( 2 versions) for some time now and never experienced the delay in cleaning up after backup completes.  I will try setting to 10 versions and see if that makes a diff.  We just try to minimize the cloud account exceeding the 2TB capacity.  Our PC's (2) have 500GB and 400GB data.

Beginner
Comments: 1

I have the same problem, persisting for a very long time now. Very annoying since PC-power is being absorbed by Acronis for many, many hours, and usually I need to stop the backup when I leave the office by turning the PC down. Support does not help but asks me to provide all sorts of data-files from my PC for them, partly to be got by installing new software etc. pp. Very complicated, not resolved!

Legend
Comments: 17679

Matthias, welcome to these public User Forums.

If your backup is to the Acronis Cloud when you are seeing this cleaning up issue, then there should be no issue with just shutting down the computer, as the cleanup action is actually being done at the Cloud servers and the status of the operation should be updated when you restart the computer.

The core issue of Cloud cleanup times remains unresolved for many users as shown in forum topic: Acronis Cloud backup long cleanup times - where users still report this with ATI 2020.