Skip to main content

Customised filenames have reverted to default

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

I customise the .tib.tis scripts for all my backup tasks to include the date in the filename (why there is no built-in interface for this, I don't know!). However, when they ran today, the scripts appear to have modified themselves (!) and the .tib filenames are now back to the defaults without the date included. I have made no recent changes to Acronis, nothing has been restored, it has been a perfectly normal day (in Acronis terms!). So any ideas what just happened?

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 25919

Peter, welcome to these public User Forums.

There has never been any official support for customising the .tib.tis scripts from Acronis and any changes made manually were always likely to get 'walked over' by any updates to the main application or changes made through it.

With ATI 2020 these changes can no longer be made at all as the fields in the .tib.tis script files are not present!

Beginner
Comments: 2

Hi Steve,

I appreciate the reply, thanks.

I guess I knew that it was unsupported, and so yes I might just have to live with this - it's not the end of the world, after all, just annoying. But the oddity for me is that it has been working this way (with annual Acronis upgrades including 2019 last October/November) for years (since Acronis removed the option from the interface in what, about 2014??) - and as far as I'm aware I have made no change or update to Acronis or the tasks for (at least) weeks. So why has it changed now?

I have worked in IT for many years, so I'm loth to accept it as 'just one of those things' - although I accept that sometimes you have to, and this might be one of those times! :-)

Legend

Peter, I would love to be able to tell you why this has happened but my crystal ball stopped working a very long time ago!

There seem to be a few strange things going on recently that I have no explanation for - a couple of users in the 2018 forum have reported that all their backup settings have been reset to defaults on multiple computers, and a different user reported that all his notification settings disappeared on ATI 2020.

All of these settings are held in the same .tib.tis files, so again it is very strange that these files are being touched at all for such changes to occur?

If you have a backup of the C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts folder, you could try restoring some of the files with your original customised settings.  I would recommend restoring to a temporary location rather than the original one.

Legend

See forum topic: True Image 2020 - where I am collecting details of other users reporting similar issues with settings being lost to default.

Forum Star
Comments: 1544

The script files are written to with every backup run. That said, there's no way to know why the change. I guess you need to look at what may have been different. When was the last time you changed the script manually? Was it after the backups had been run, or only for completely new backup jobs. Was there a new chain started? Any change with the backup destination?

I guess the real question is... why did it work before? On the other hand, it is neither supported nor recommended so best to just leave the name as is. The files have a date on them.