Skip to main content

Dashboard works for hours without resolution

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 60

Win10 64 bit True Image 2019, backup to NAS with IP-Adress every evening differential.

I very probably shut down Windows yesterday evening at a moment when the backup was still unfinished. But usually this does not cause a problem, it just closes the process down and continues after the next boot.

Today when looking at the dashboard I cannot get the backup state to be ok. The backup is greyed and indicates to be working. For hours. Right mouse click shows "Stop" but clicking is without effect.

When looking into the NAS I find a differential backup file with a timestamp about the time when I closed down the machine.

How can I get my dashboard to work again without ruining the backup info?

Attachment Size
Acronis20201008a.jpg 123.91 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 22854

Franz, sorry but the Dashboard can take some time to correct itself and has suffered various problems with reliability and accuracy over the past year.

The Acronis Managed Machine Mini Service communicates with the Dashboard so this needs to be running on your PC (shown on the Services page of Task Manager).

If the Dashboard doesn't correct itself, then you would need to raise this directly with Acronis by opening a Support Case as we have no access to any of the server systems.

Forum Member
Comments: 60

Hi Steve, thanks for the quick response.

I lost patience and could close the dashboard. Then I tried to restart Windows, which also got stuck during closing down. So I killed it by depriving it of electricity, rebooted and now the dashboard works as ever before.....

Legend
Comments: 22854

Franz, glad the issue is resolved though pity it needed such drastic action!