Skip to main content

Daten aus Backup True Image 2019 wiederherstellen

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 3

Hallo,

ich habe mit Acronis True Image 2019 regelmässige Backups erstellt. Mit einem kompletten "clean install" von Windows 10 auf einem neuen Rechner sind auch die Backup-Einstellungen von Acronis verloren gegangen. Wie kann ich jetzt Daten aus alten Backups wiederherstellen?
Gemäss Anleitung müsste ich ja ein bestehendes Backup auswählen und dort die wiederherzustellenden Dateien/Ordner auswählen. Allerdings sind diese Einstellungen ja gar nicht mehr vorhanden...

Danke & Gruss,
Helge

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 21999

Helge, welcome to these public User Forums.

I made regular backups with Acronis True Image 2019. With a complete 'clean install' of Windows 10 on a new computer, the backup settings of Acronis have also been lost. How can I now restore data from old backups?
According to the instructions, I would have to select an existing backup and select the files / folders to be restored there. However, these settings are no longer available ...

All that you need to do in order to access the existing backup data is to install ATI 2019 on your new computer then use Explorer to open the location for your backup files.

Double-click on any .tib files shown, and this will allow you to open the archive and use normal copy & paste controls to select & copy the files and/or folders you want.

I would recommend creating new backup tasks for your new computer and Windows 10 OS, as you do not want to restore the OS from an older computer back to this one, as that will overwrite the current clean Windows 10 OS and could leave you with an broken computer.

Beginner

Hi Steve,

if I click on an .tib file from windows explorer it opens Acronis - but just in "standard view". I do not see any files / file structure where I could recover fles from. Selecting "Backup" in the menu I cannot use the "recovery" option unless I have an existing backup created with this installation.

I want to recover only a couple of single files. When everything is running I will create a new backup of the system.

Thanks for your support,

Helge

Legend

Helge, not sure what you mean by "standard view" when you open a .tib file in Explorer.  See the screen images below for how I see things for one of my own .tib files.

Note: I am double-clicking on the file(s) each time.

Beginner

Hi Steve,

thanks for the screenshots. If I get it right you double click on the icon in your Windows Explorer and then you can drill down to your folder and files you want to recover - without quit Windows Explorer.

Unfortunately this does not work on my installation. First of all the icons for the *.tib files look different. Clicking on the symbol Acronis starts, but nothing changes in the explorer. It still shows the folder containing the *.tib files.

I wonder if during installation of Acronis something went wrong or if I have to link the *.tib files to any other application.

Thanks, Helge

Attachment Size
527004-178605.PNG 16.06 KB
527004-178606.PNG 62.13 KB
Legend

Helge, I would recommend trying a Repair Install as per KB 60915: Acronis True Image: repairing program settings

Beginner

Hi Steve,

finally I have chosen the clean install option. Still it is not possible to access the files by Windows Explorer but I was able to access the backup from within Acronis.

Thanks for your support!

Helge

Forum Hero
Comments: 6741

Hallo Helge Engelking,

Am besten einen rechtsklick auf die .tib Datei machen und "Öffnen mit" auswählen.

Wenn dort etwas anderes als "Diese App weiterhin verwenden" - "Windows Explorer" steht, auf "Weitere Apps" klicken und "Windows Explorer" aus der Liste auswählen. "Immer diese App zum öffnen von .tib Dateien verwenden" anhaken nicht vergessen.

Sollte "Windows Explorer" nicht dabei sein, die Liste ganz nach unten scrollen und "Andere App auf diesem PC suchen" anklicken und im Windows Ordner den "Explorer.exe" auswählen.

Attachment Size
527255-178700.GIF 215.08 KB
527255-178701.GIF 88 KB
527255-178704.GIF 89.27 KB
527255-178706.GIF 97.84 KB