Skip to main content

Einrichtung 4wöchentlicher Backup-Rhythmus

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 5

Hallo zusammen,

in einer älteren Version von Acronis TrueImage gab es bei der Taskplanung die Option, den Backup-Rhythmus "alle 4 Wochen" einzurichten und somit ein rollierendes System von 4 wöchentlichen Backups einzurichten.

Wie lässt sich dieses mit der 2019er Version umsetzen?

Besten Dank und Grüße

Matthias

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 16717

Matthias, welcome to these public User Forums.

Use the options on the Schedule page for your backup task to set the frequency of your backup actions.

Beginner

Hello and thank you for the friendly welcome.

I know the described options, but these do not work for months with for example five Sundays (with configured 4 backups).

The old version directly had the option "every 4 weeks" (see Appendix)

Legend

Matthias, sorry but that option to schedule 'every X weeks' is no longer offered by ATI 2019 and some of the earlier versions before this.

You could do this by using the Windows Task Scheduler if you want to try that method.

I have this working myself using a PowerShell script to launch ATI 2019 for my backup task. I would be happy to share with you if you are interested?

If you want to have this option in the ATI application, then please submit Feedback directly to Acronis using the Feedback tool in the ATI GUI.

Beginner

Yes, I would like to use your PowerShell script - if you would provide it to me

Legend

Matthias, please see the attached zip file with my Launch_ATI_Task.ps1 powershell script - this has instructions within the script that you will need to modify for your own backup task.  The script will also create a BackupLog.txt file in the root of your selected drive to help check that all has been done as expected.

You will need to create a new Windows Task Scheduler Task to run the script - see screen shots from my own task as an example of how:

Attachment Size
484669-162376.zip 1.32 KB
Beginner

Thank you for the script. I will test this as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the next days have no time for this :-(

Beginner

Hello Steve,

now I have found time to deal with your script and ATI2019 :-) 

If I understand the script correctly, I first have to create a task in ATI and this gets through ATI a task identifier, which I have to specify as the variable in the script? Is it right?

Thank you very much for your support

Legend

Matthias, yes, you need to have created a backup task in the ATI GUI, which will create a new file in the C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts folder from which you need the long task identifier to use with the launcher script.

Beginner

It worked as desired - many thanks for your support