Skip to main content

Empty Backup File / Leeres Backup (Validierung + Backup OK)

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 11

System:
Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362.1)
Acronis TI 2019, Build 17750

Backup-HD: SanDisk NVME SSD, Systemlaufwerk (Windows), Bitlocker, GPT, 4k Sektorgröße,

Problem: Leeres Image / Backup File ohne Inhalte; Acronis kann die Volumen mounten aber zeigt keine Dateien / Ordner an.

Hallo & Hilfe,

leider habe ich die unangenehme Problematik, das ein erfolgreiches und validiertes Image zwar aus dem Explorer heraus gemountet aber ohne Inhalte/Ordner dargestellt wird. Das Mounten über den Assistenten schhlägt bei der Zuordnung eines LW-Buchstaben fehl.

Das Backup und die Validierung erfolgen Problem los. Die Imagegröße ist korrekt und entspricht der Datenmenge auf der SSD, ohne leeren Speicherplatz.

Gibt es Erfahrung oder Lösungansätze zu diesem Problem?

Danke

Attachment Size
01_AC TI 2019.jpg 15.72 KB
02_AC TI 2019.jpg 36.42 KB
03_AC TI 2019.jpg 67.31 KB
04_AC TI 2019.jpg 25.79 KB
05_AC TI 2019.jpg 23.51 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 17669

welcome to these public User Forums.

How did you create the backup file here?

Was this from within Windows using ATI 2019, or was it using the bootable Acronis Rescue media to make an offline backup outside of Windows?

Your screen images would seem to suggest that the backup was made of a BitLocker encrypted drive using sector-by-sector mode and that no partitions can be found within the .tib file because of encryption?

Note: it is not normally possible to backup an encrypted BitLocker drive - ATI will normally refuse!

Beginner

Hi Steve,

the backup was created on a running Windows. -so for ATI it seems there is no enryption, right?

Did you see the attachement "02_AC TI 2019.jpg". -it shows the Assistant of ATI to choose an volume to backup.
If i choose Volumen C the backup starts correct and also the size of the backup files seems correct.
ATI 2019 will not detect an Fileformat for this Volumen, how can it be? All other Volumen are ok.

Add: i use also the encryption option from ATI for the backup.

thanks for your reply.

kr

Legend

Yes, it was attachement "02_AC TI 2019.jpg". that makes me think that ATI sees the drive as if it was encrypted by BitLocker given the Sandisk Extreme Pro 1TB drive does not show NTFS (or exFAT, FAT32 etc) but instead says 'None'.

'None' here would cause ATI 2019 to use Sector-by-Sector backup mode for the whole used space on the drive but would not identify any partitions.

I would recommend doing a CHKDSK C: /F for this drive to see if there are some file system issues at work here.

Beginner

Hi,

thanks for the hint, but my hardware run's fine. If there was a so heavy problem, then windows won't boot. a current chkdsk-run told me nothing is wrong.

Now have tested to hold on bitlocker protection; no change.

I suppose, that the constelation of GPT + 4k Sektor Format a course is? Can we rule that out.?

kr

Legend

What does Windows Disk Management show for your drive in the File System column?

Beginner

Hi,

nothing unusual

i have install ATI 2020 Trail to test, but i can't use the Trailmode, is not possbile on a PC with no Internet Connection.

There are any possibility get a trail mode without online connection. Exist a Trial key?

kr

Attachment Size
511965-172156.jpg 434.99 KB
Beginner

That interessting now.

1. I can open .vib backup-file within the Win-Explorer, but not with the ATI "mount" Function (not working in Trail-Mode)

2. After Opening within Win-Explorer,[surprise] i can see my files, (before, ATI2019, told me "empty folder".)

It seems that ATI 2020 could read my Backup now. May be ATI 2020 could also identify the correct volume.

1. but, who gives me now the possibility to test it? -trail mode with out internet connection is not working on this PC

2. Is this a fail function in ATI 2019? Would it be solved by an update?

sorry for so many questions, but I'm a little confused.

I hope my problem get solved, not only for additional money.

kr

Legend

1. I can open .vib backup-file within the Win-Explorer, but not with the ATI "mount" Function (not working in Trail-Mode)

2. After Opening within Win-Explorer,[surprise] i can see my files, (before, ATI2019, told me "empty folder".)

It seems that ATI 2020 could read my Backup now. May be ATI 2020 could also identify the correct volume.

If you can open the .tib file by using double-click in Explorer, but not use right-click to Mount, then this is how ATI works for Files & Folders backup files which do not have a Partition to allow mounting.  The same should be true is you revert back to ATI 2019 too.

What file system did Disk Management show for the Sandisk Extreme Pro 1TB drive?  I could not see your screen image above clearly due to blurring etc.

Beginner

News:

i tested it, ATI 2020 can open the Backup Files, ATI 2019 not.

I will show you an video here with ATI 2019 Trail: https://send.tresorit.com/a#Iq2zHwYfwCdojCXg1rfSig

Beginner

Steve Smith wrote:

What file system did Disk Management show for the Sandisk Extreme Pro 1TB drive?  I could not see your screen image above clearly due to blurring etc.

Oh damn, you can click on the attachement image link, to get the full resulution?

here: https://forum.acronis.com/sites/default/files/comment_attachments/2019/09/511965-172156.jpg

It's NTFS

thanks for your help so far!

kr

Legend

Ok, can see it shows NTFS in Disk Management, so strange that ATI 2019 did not / could not see the same!

At this point I can only suggest opening a Support Case direct with Acronis (either for ATI 2019 if they will still support you now 2020 is released, or else under trial support for 2020) and ask why this issue happens with 2019 but not with 2020?

I do not remember seeing any other user topics here in the forums for anything similar to this issue.

Beginner

Hi Steve,

very Thanks for your efforts, big hug to you.

i contact a Forum Moderator for help, i have hope....

Beginner

Still in Progress...