Skip to main content

"Failed to change startup type of scheduler service". Was bedeutet diese Meldung?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 7

Hallo,
diese Meldung tritt seit einiger Zeit jedesmal auf, wenn ich das Programm vom PC aus starten will, nicht wenn ich vom Rettungs-USB-Stick aus starte. Ich werde auf
"https://kb.acronis.com/errorcode/
Ereignis-Code: 0x00900023+0x0000FFF0+0x80070424"
verwiesen, aber das hilft mir leider nicht weiter, ich verstehe die Fehlercddes nicht und eine Suche danach auf https://www.seagate.com/de/de/support/ ist ergebnislos :-(

Was bedeutet das bitte und wie kann ich die Fehlermeldung wegbekommen?

Details:
Mein System: Notebook mit Windows 10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.535), Seagate Disc Wizard Dateiversion 23.0.1.17160 Änderungsdatum 23.07.2019 17:20.

Mir ist schon klar, dass das hier ein Acronis Forum ist, aber ich komme mit dem Discwizard einfach nicht weiter; ich würde ihn gerne testen, um eventuell später auf Acronis True Image umzusteigen.

Danke, wizcub

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 19296

wizcub, welcome to these public User Forums.

When you installed Seagate DiskWizard, did you do so from an Administrator account? 
This is required in order to have the correct authorities / privileges needed to run the application, including starting key services.

Are you launching Seagate DiskWizard from an Administrator account, or using 'Run as Administrator' if using a non-administrator user account?

The Acronis Scheduler 2 service is a required service that should be running always and is needed before any backup task can be run in the Windows ATI GUI.  The Start up type for this service should be set as 'Automatic' in the Windows Services.msc control panel settings.

wizcub, willkommen in diesen öffentlichen Benutzerforen.

Wenn Sie Seagate DiskWizard installiert haben, haben Sie dies über ein Administratorkonto getan?
Dies ist erforderlich, um die zum Ausführen der Anwendung erforderlichen Berechtigungen zu erhalten, einschließlich des Starts der Schlüsseldienste.

Starten Sie Seagate DiskWizard über ein Administratorkonto oder verwenden Sie "Als Administrator ausführen", wenn Sie ein Benutzerkonto verwenden, das kein Administrator ist?

Der Acronis Scheduler 2-Dienst ist ein erforderlicher Dienst, der immer ausgeführt werden sollte und benötigt wird, bevor eine Sicherungsaufgabe in der Windows ATI-GUI ausgeführt werden kann. Der Starttyp für diesen Dienst sollte in den Einstellungen der Windows Services.msc-Systemsteuerung auf "Automatisch" eingestellt sein.

Beginner

Thank you, Steve Smith for the welcome :-)

Since I am not sure, whether I did install as Admin or as normal user with Admin rights, I will install Discwizard again as Admin and see whether the error message will still be there.

I will keep in touch, wizcub

Beginner

Hi Steve,

I could spit the dummy ;-) but I still get the error message.

What I did:
Logged in as "Administrator", deinstalled Discwizard, rebooted, installed Discwizard (DiscWizardSetup-23017160.exe) again, rebooted, started Discwizard, same error:

"Der Planungsdienst wurde gestopped"*, and then "Failed to change startup type of scheduler service".

Also, I checked "services.msc", and "Seagate Scheduler 2 Service (no Acronis... here) " is on auto and fully working.

P.S. Would you prefer English or German in the ongoing discussion?

P:P:S: *: "scheduler service has been stopped" (my translation)

Legend

Thanks for trying the install as Administrator!  Pity it didn't help with this issue!

My next thoughts are whether your security applications are getting involved in this problem?

See KB 36429: Acronis Software: exclude program folders and executables from antivirus and other security programs

and KB 46430: Acronis Software: Making Acronis Products Compatible with Antivirus Software

Note: both documents are available in German but you may need to adapt the instructions for your Seagate DiscWizard differences with regards to Acronis True Image.

If you are happy to continue in English that is fine (I am across the Channel in Brexit country) but can easily continue using Google Translate if you find it easier to write in German.

Beginner

Hi Steve,

thanky you, I will try your suggestions. Just found that others had the same problem, e.g.:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-diskwizard-scheduler-service-stopped/9103cd45-d02f-4dd1-9bc3-c0e9fcce8c41

it took more than one hour Microsoft chat to have the problem resolved. Hopefully your way may be faster ;-)

Beginner

Hi Steve,

sorry for keeping you waiting for so long but it took two lengthy Acronis chats and an Acronis administrator e-mail to help me accessing my forum again!

Problem solved:

I replaced the installation based on DiscWizardSetup-23017160.exe with this: DiscWizardSetup-220111210.exe, Apparently this is an older version (is it?), but after having it installed, it works fine without problems:-)

DiscWizardSetup-220111210.exe was directly from the Acronis Download site, suggested from a Microsoft Windows 10 Forum user, while my previous faulty DiscWizardSetup-23017160.exe was from somewhere else  - don't ask me where from, I do not remember :-(.

Thank you so much, Steve, nevertheless for your efforts to find a solution for me, and best wishes for the New Year
2020!

wiizcub

Legend

Glad to read of your solution for this issue.  I would suggest that the most important point is that you have a version that works for you rather than one with a possible later version number?

Beginner

Yes, I am happy with this version. What I am not happy about is that Seagate Discwizard (and Acronis True Image ?) still do not support the Linux file format ext4. like Paragon does. Since I am using mainly Linux-(L)Ubuntu and rarely Windows 10 on my multiboot PC, this hurts :-(

Legend

ATI 2020 does support EXT4 partitions correctly - previous versions also supported EXT4 but had some issues with how EXT4 was implemented on some systems - see forum topic: EXT4 partition backup (Linux). where this was discussed in some detail and the fix confirmed for ATI 2020.

Beginner

Thanks, but for the time being I prefer programs free of charge ;-)

Legend

Clonezilla works well with Linux systems plus am sure there are other backup apps available.

Beginner

Thank you! For the time being I use Paragon Backup & Recovery Free.