Skip to main content

Purchase

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 23

Just about to buy this this and at check out i get this message but do i need this i think it's instead of downloading the software but i can download that from here can't i ?

Additional Information

Backup DVD

Receive a customized DVD that contains all the software and license keys that you are purchasing today.
Your customized DVD will be sent via postal mail. The Backup DVD will generally be delivered to you within 5-7 business days within USA, and 7-14 business days for all other countries.
Please note that Backup DVD is not bootable.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 16406

Andrew, if the backup DVD just contains the installer for Acronis True Image, then this is always available in your Acronis Account after registering your license serial number, and the advantage of the version in your account is that this will always be the most recent one, along with copies of other associated files such as the Linux version of the ATI rescue media .ISO file.

Once you have ATI installed, then you can create new media from within the application at any time and have a choice of different media to use.

Forum Member

Not sure what you mean they say it's posted i live in the UK and if it's the latest version to download why do they say they charge for updates ?

If mine breaks and i have to reinstall it i can't just download with paying again you mean ?

Forum Hero
Comments: 7467

Don't buy the physical disk. You get the software and license to download immediately when you purchase online.

If you purchase a standalone version you get the major version (ie 2019) and all minor updates for that version while Acronis supports it. You will not get an upgrade to 2020 though. However, you can use 2019 for ever.

If you buy a subscription and start with say 2019. You get all minor updates for it and all new major versions while the subscription is active .If you do not renew your subscription then you can't use the software anymore for backing up but can still recover existing (local) backups. Anything in the cloud goes away after 30 days if you have cloud storage as part of a subscription but don't renew.

Forum Hero

Here's the licensing type KB article

https://kb.acronis.com/content/11997

Legend
Comments: 16406

Andrew, I have not had a backup CD/DVD for any Acronis version for nearly 10 years with no issues.  Once you have registered your license key to your Acronis account then you can download and reinstall the software using the same key at any time without any further costs.

Any CD/DVD will be frozen in time at the point where it was created but for some users, this may be easier than trying to download over 500MB of software if they do not have good broadband connectivity.

For most users here in the UK that should no longer be an issue unless you are in an isolated rural location with poor download connectivity - thankfully the days of dial-up modems at 56Kb are history!

Forum Member

Bobbo_3C0X1 wrote:

Don't buy the physical disk. You get the software and license to download immediately when you purchase online.

If you purchase a standalone version you get the major version (ie 2019) and all minor updates for that version while Acronis supports it. You will not get an upgrade to 2020 though. However, you can use 2019 for ever.

If you buy a subscription and start with say 2019. You get all minor updates for it and all new major versions while the subscription is active .If you do not renew your subscription then you can't use the software anymore for backing up but can still recover existing (local) backups. Anything in the cloud goes away after 30 days if you have cloud storage as part of a subscription but don't renew.

Thanks very much i wont buy the disk then and also do i need to download again i have it installed and setup so will that just activate ? and if i keep the download and need to install it again and activate it will that work

Forum Member

Steve Smith wrote:

Andrew, I have not had a backup CD/DVD for any Acronis version for nearly 10 years with no issues.  Once you have registered your license key to your Acronis account then you can download and reinstall the software using the same key at any time without any further costs.

Any CD/DVD will be frozen in time at the point where it was created but for some users, this may be easier than trying to download over 500MB of software if they do not have good broadband connectivity.

For most users here in the UK that should no longer be an issue unless you are in an isolated rural location with poor download connectivity - thankfully the days of dial-up modems at 56Kb are history!

Thanks very that's great will just buy the key 

Forum Hero

That's correct, Andrew. If you buy inline, you just register it to an email address (likely the same one as the forum) and then you can download it from your Acronis account at anytime. The download and key are available from your account anytime and you can move the license from an old machine to a different one so long as you're only using it actively in regard with the number of licensed machines.