Skip to main content

Restore error

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 3

Incomplete backup. Does not open file.
I used the 2019 boot cd version.

Yesterday I put to backup a computer, Full mode, approximately 44 GB of data. I checked the option to turn off the machine after completed. I went home.
Today I came back, the machine turned off, everything ok. I installed Windows and when I went to restore the data, the file is only 8 GB and says that it cannot open the file.

What could have happened? How to recover this file? I still have 8GB of data there. I need to recover.

Acronis Desktop error:
'Cannot continue the operation because the backup is corrupted, or it is being used by another process, or you do not have enough permissions to perform the operation'

Acronid 2019 boot CD error:
'This is not the last volume of the backup archive'

But I selected Full mode and there were no other versions.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 22810

Sorry, but if your backup file was incomplete when it was created, then unless the original data is still present on the source disk drive, there is no means of recovering the data from the corrupt backup image file.

Beginner
Comments: 3

I think it would be nice for Acronis to create a restorer for these files. It is the 4th time that I have lost an Acronis backup file in 6 years. (I have an IT support company)

There is data there, it should be possible to read. As well as it is possible to restore files on tapes, WinRAR, Veeam, etc ...

In my view, it is a data block, with metadata and information. Just like reading an MFT ...

Legend
Comments: 22810

You need to discuss this with Acronis but I don't hold out any hope that they will be able to help you.

Take a look at forum topic: Recovery of corrupted TIB files containing important data - to see if that user could help you at all?