Skip to main content

Restore in a workstation

Beginner
Comments: 0

When i want to restore the copy of my notebook win 7 32b in a workstation, give me these messages:

Cannot find device driver 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_07381028&REV_00' for win 7

Cannot find device driver 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_07381028_REV_00' for win 7

Could you help me,thanks

Legend
Comments: 14834

Renzzo, welcome to these public User Forums.

If you are migrating your Windows 7 OS backup from your notebook to a different computer / workstation, then you will need to boot the workstation from the Acronis  bootable Universal Restore media which will attempt to prepare the restored OS to work on the new hardware found in the workstation.

Forum Hero
Comments: 6821

Renzzo,

The driver not found for error:

Cannot find device driver 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_07381028_REV_00' for win 7 is for the following device:

• Name: 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family USB 3.0 xHCI Controller

The driver not found for error:

Cannot find device driver 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2826&SUBSYS_07381028&REV_00' for win 7  is for the following device:

• Intel IRST Storage Controller driver

To determine which Intel storage driver you need you will need to know the Intel chipset model used on the workstation.  

Forum Hero
Comments: 6387

FYI, windows 7 support is ending in about a year. I would not replace a new system Operating System that is likely Windows 10 64bit with 

1. An old OS that is soon to be unsupported

2. A newer 64 bit system with a legacy 32 bit system.  Especially if the new system is UEFI as you would only be able to keep legacy MBR 32 bit and your new system is probably meant for UEFI.

3. Is your Win 7 license a retail box license that can be moved to the new PC and is the new PC meant for Windows 7? If you are trying to move an OEM Windows license that came with the original notebook, it's not going to activate on the new system even if you plan to go through with this.

Personally, I'd recommend you start fresh on your new system with what version of OS it came with. And before you do anything, back it up in case your transfer is incompatible or won't license. Acronis can do a lot to move one system to another, but doesn't mean it's a good idea in every case.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-windows-7-support